Empty pound...

The Dreamer

Featured Posts

20 minutes ago, MrsM said:

Thanks all. We will inspect, clean, paint and do our best to get it all wholesome. Our boat had been unused for at least a year as the previous owner sadly passed away and his family held on to it in case any of them them wanted to use it. I will take care to thoroughly flush everything with the bleach solution. We do have a seagull iv filter on the kitchen tap so hopefully that will help (once I've purchased an eye-wateringly expensive replacement cassette!). M

Miss posted m'dear?

On 21/01/2020 at 18:00, Jen-in-Wellies said:

The only place I've phoned CaRT after running aground on a low pound was at the start of the HNC in Huddersfield. One of the locks you'd need to run water down from you can't get to as a boater unless by boat. Two of the boys in blue turned up and sorted it out for me, but a couple of hours to be on the move again.

Between Lock 1 and 2 no doubt. We got stuck there in the chamber of the original Lock 2. No way of getting off, just phone and wait.

55 minutes ago, pearley said:

Between Lock 1 and 2 no doubt. We got stuck there in the chamber of the original Lock 2. No way of getting off, just phone and wait.

Same.  
And it’s the only time I’ve rang CRT to fill a pound. 

There have been times when I’m filling pounds myself and CRT have turned up. Up here, it seems members of the public will phone CRT to report dry pounds. 

• 1 month later...

Queen's Jubilee week, 1977. Arrived at bottom of Foxton staircase. Found a descending boat stuck in the passing pound as the water level was too low for it to clear the entrance cill of the lower staircase. Foxton was unmanned then, no mobile phones, don't recall seeing a call box. I went to the top of the upper staircase, and opened all the paddles on the way down.  When the passing pound level had risen enough for the boat to clear the cill,  I went back and closed them all. No problem with water shortage that year, it rained heavily all week. 

Edited by Ronaldo47
Typo