Solar charger question

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, CompairHolman said:

This is what I was asking, thanks for giving a sensible answer.

I'm getting the impression that this forum is 80% populated by morons and isn't worth bothering with ?

However you did get a satisfactory answer to your question, so evidentially the forum is worth bothering about as a free source of expert information. Albeit sometimes garnished with frivolity!

If it was 100% serious hard information it would be incredibly boring for everyone except the questioner. That is why such places don’t exist except in your hopeful imagination!

• Greenie 2

1 hour ago, matty40s said:

I can't see a single answer above that didntvtry to tell you it wasnt going to work(bar the introduction of the ecofan elephant in the room).

There is no room for an elephant in here.

In my defense, I figured an ecofan would have a better chance of working than the OPs suggestion of a 12v power supply working.

As always on this forum, the more responses (either on or off topic), the more the topic is near the top of the vnc page so more likely to get a sensible answer.

4 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

As always on this forum, the more responses (either on or off topic), the more the topic is near the top of the vnc…………...

The VNC protocol is a simple protocol for remote access to graphical user interfaces.   It is based on the concept of a remote framebuffer or RFB. In the past we have tended to refer to the VNC protocol as the RFB protocol, so you may have seen this term in other publications.  The protocol simply allows a server to update the framebuffer displayed on a viewer. Because it works at the framebuffer level it is potentially applicable to all operating systems, windowing systems and applications. This includes X/Unix, Windows 3.1/95/NT and Macintosh, but might also include PDAs, and indeed any device with some form of communications link. The protocol will operate over any reliable transport such as TCP/IP. 

2 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

The VNC protocol is a simple protocol for remote access to graphical user interfaces.   It is based on the concept of a remote framebuffer or RFB. In the past we have tended to refer to the VNC protocol as the RFB protocol, so you may have seen this term in other publications.  The protocol simply allows a server to update the framebuffer displayed on a viewer. Because it works at the framebuffer level it is potentially applicable to all operating systems, windowing systems and applications. This includes X/Unix, Windows 3.1/95/NT and Macintosh, but might also include PDAs, and indeed any device with some form of communications link. The protocol will operate over any reliable transport such as TCP/IP. 

I don't think an elephant would fit on a TCP/IP either.

• Greenie 1

12 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Well I couldn't workout what you were trying to do which is why I didn't comment

Indeed, it appears that Nick’s mind reading abilities are far more honed than ours. 

But what do I know? I’m just a moron. 

• Haha 1