Electric - Never seen this before.

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

19 minutes ago, sharpness said:

Could you go round with your card and collect everyone else's credit?

No, we can only use the card associated with the meter. The card gets associated when it is used to load credit.

12 hours ago, MartynG said:

I will not hold my breath.

As a visitor to West Stockwith we are not permitted access to shore power . This is despite more than adequate sockets and a modern system of activating those sockets.  I have offered to pay .

C&RT prefer the noise and fumes from my generator . 

Yes, the system should be offered to all who want it. Before the introduction of MeterMacs you could rock up at any location with spare bollards, put your card in (if you had the correct one) and get all your washing done and a full overnight charge into your batteries. In the West Midlands particularly there are VMs mixed in with permanent moorings with plenty of spare bollards.

Now, you have the stupid situation of unused Smart bollards. If you ever make it down to Boston there are something like 10 power outlets for 6 permanent moorers. At the new VMs at Friars Mill they have installed Smart metered bollards knowing that 90% of boaters are unable to use them.

I have written to various people at CRT, including Party, about this to no avail, the usual reason given being that Waterside Moorings is completely separate from the rest of CRT.

The other stupidity is that having got s MeterMacs account by virtue of having s mooring, when you give up that mooring you keep the account. That's how we have ours.

Over the years I've come across several types of card controlled bollard meters. For me they all have one major failing. They're all mounted fairly low down the bollard below the socket. Normally about 15" or so above the jetty. Trying to read the instructions and press the appropriate faded, coloured buttons with stiff knees and back whilst wearing variable focus glasses is a faff. Often the only option is to kneel down (not easy) on an inevitably wet jetty. No, I go along with the Metermaid solution mentioned earlier. ?

• Haha 1