What do you do with a drunken sailor

tagulablue

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Tumshie said:

I friend of mine who was a Royal Marine was chatting about the hazing process and that they would use the slappy sock thing but they would use and orange and I mentioned that in the films they use soap and that surly an orange isn't going to do much good, his reply was that unlike every thing else an orange hurts like hell but doesn't leave a mark. 

Gosh... things you learn on here! :) 

7 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

I friend of mine who was a Royal Marine was chatting about the hazing process and that they would use the slappy sock thing but they would use and orange and I mentioned that in the films they use soap and that surly an orange isn't going to do much good, his reply was that unlike every thing else an orange hurts like hell but doesn't leave a mark. 

So ,...…………………….. the answer is "it was Commander Blue, with the orange, in the toilets"

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Jennifer McM said:

Gosh... things you learn on here! :) 

As someone you enjoys writing stories I have some really strange conversations with people. ?

In all earnest though a weapon is only a weapon if you can use it - if you can't it's a hazard. 

• Love 1

Cr*p - I just ate our last orange! ?

but to return to the op - I probably would report it, both to the old bill and crt. This would be done with a big sigh as we all know it is a massive pita to do with little joy at the end of it. But I would still do it - ASB everywhere is getting out of hand and if ordinary folks don’t do something (anything) then we’ll all be going to hell in a much faster handcart. As always, other opinions are available. 

Also, how are you gonna feel if the drunk twonk does someone some real damage further down the cut and YOU just sat on your hands and did nowt? That was my main motivation for reporting our particular violent drunk nutter - I couldn’t live with myself if I hadn’t... 

• Greenie 2

3 minutes ago, lampini said:

Also, how are you gonna feel if the drunk twonk does someone some real damage further down the cut and YOU just sat on your hands and did nowt? That was my main motivation for reporting our particular violent drunk nutter - I couldn’t live with myself if I hadn’t... 

That's the thing, isn't it, even if the police can't do much at any given time at least if it is reported then there's a record of it and they use that info to help the next time which will make a difference. 

2 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Its a difficult one if an alcoholic lives on a boat, you report him and he gets caught drunk in charge of a boat, but other than fine him there is little that can do as its his home

I suspect they would care less about the 'drunk in charge of a boat' and more about the 'breach of the peace' and the 'threatening behaviour'. I haven't a clue what charges could be brought but if in doubt those two seem to be as good as any to get a situation under control. Though if I remember rightly it's easier to charge someone with a breach of the peace in Scotland than it is in England.