Hydrogen powered catamaran

Stilllearning

Featured Posts

9 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

"Energy Observer is the first hydrogen vessel in the world.."

not true.   perhaps the first one to generate its own hydrogen, however.

there has been a hydrogen powered ferry in Bristol (Hydrogenesis) since 2013.

I’ve edited the article for them. 

12 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

There's a hydrogen powered narrow boat tied up behind Birmingham University.

Yes

A guy called Pete Fisher has been heavily involved with that. He lives aboard the narrow boat moored along side.

I get fed up with journalese. .... it doesn't seem to matter if the 'facts' are correct or not, as long as they seem impressive to the writer.

Yesterday I watched a documentary about the construction of the London Underground.   The presenter was shown to an enormous shaft that had been driven down 25metres into the ground, and was told by the (East European) project engineer that they had to remove 600 tonnes of soil  !!!    The presenter looked a bit taken aback, but he braved it out.   Like me he probably reckoned that was the underestimate of the century.    I would estimate there had been at least 10,000 tonnes in that hole.  Does nobody check this rubbish?

On 30/06/2019 at 19:13, Murflynn said:

I get fed up with journalese. .... it doesn't seem to matter if the 'facts' are correct or not, as long as they seem impressive to the writer.

Yesterday I watched a documentary about the construction of the London Underground.   The presenter was shown to an enormous shaft that had been driven down 25metres into the ground, and was told by the (East European) project engineer that they had to remove 600 tonnes of soil  !!!    The presenter looked a bit taken aback, but he braved it out.   Like me he probably reckoned that was the underestimate of the century.    I would estimate there had been at least 10,000 tonnes in that hole.  Does nobody check this rubbish?

Maybe 600 tonnes of soil and 10,000 tonnes of rock?