Boat Builder Success

Featured Posts

Telegraph.

Princess Yachts turnaround crowns a record year for luxury boatbuilder

Princess Yachts has announced its best-ever year as the Plymouth boatbuilder’s turnaround makes waves.

Britain’s biggest boatbuilder sold 270 motoryachts in the year to the end of December, 30 more than in the previous year, boosting revenues by almost a quarter to £340m, and charting a course back to a £15m pre-tax profit after sinking £3m into the red in 2017.

Antony Sheriff, executive chairman, said the results showed the company - part of the group which owns the LVMH brand - had more than stabilised after years of booms and busts.

4 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Telegraph.

Princess Yachts turnaround crowns a record year for luxury boatbuilder

Princess Yachts has announced its best-ever year as the Plymouth boatbuilder’s turnaround makes waves.

Britain’s biggest boatbuilder sold 270 motoryachts in the year to the end of December, 30 more than in the previous year, boosting revenues by almost a quarter to £340m, and charting a course back to a £15m pre-tax profit after sinking £3m into the red in 2017.

Antony Sheriff, executive chairman, said the results showed the company - part of the group which owns the LVMH brand - had more than stabilised after years of booms and busts.

Surely it must be fake news? We all know that each and every UK business is failing as we speak!!

• Greenie 3

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

One swallow does not make a summer Tim! ;)

Depends wethet yer glass is half empty or half full innitt. You will like me I suspect have watched them grow considerably over the years. :cheers:

32 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Depends wethet yer glass is half empty or half full innitt. You will like me I suspect have watched them grow considerably over the years. :cheers:

Plymouth - Last Summer.

I was moored alongside a row of them having their PDI and sea-trials - there was between 11 and 20 people working on each boat (not all at the same time) and it took most of the day for each one.

They are pretty impressive at £3m+ and even the new 'baby' version is just a tad under £1m.

No1 Son and his two mates (all in their 30's) took the tender around to the Princess factory to have a look-see and as the tide was going out they ended up stuck in the mud just outside the factory 'doors' - apparently much hilarity from the Princess staff.

They had to get out and wade thru' waist deep mud to get the tender back to deep enough water - the tide was going out almost as fast as they could trudge thru the mud.

Did they come back on board - not likely.

They stripped off and were hosed down on the pontoon.

25 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Did they come back on board - not likely.

They stripped off and were hosed down on the pontoon.

And then they washed the tender?

2 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Yes indeed. Not always plain sailing, but they always seem to pull through and go onwards and upwards. French owned now though, iirc, so perhaps not the ideal flagship enterprise for post brexit UK business! :D

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

No1 Son and his two mates (all in their 30's) took the tender around to the Princess factory to have a look-see and as the tide was going out they ended up stuck in the mud just outside the factory 'doors' - apparently much hilarity from the Princess staff.

They had to get out and wade thru' waist deep mud to get the tender back to deep enough water - the tide was going out almost as fast as they could trudge thru the mud.

Yep, that' particular inlet is another example of a creek the paddle-less ought not venture into! :D 

Was the day it continued up beyond Devonport High School, but long since filled in above the bridge.

3 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

When it was sat 'dried out' with a falling tide, neither engine or paddle achieved a great deal.

Now had they thought ahead they could have taken some cold refreshments with them and sat it out until the next tide.

Edited by Naughty Cal

28 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

They don't do 'thinking'.

No1 Son is the youngest senior partner at one of the worlds 'big-4' accountants and I wouldn't trust him with the shopping money !!!!

Funny that but we know a couple of financial advisors and if they choice in boats is anything to go by I wouldn't trust them with 1p of my money. 

• Greenie 1