CRT National Users Group Forum - 3rd April 2019

DHutch

Featured Posts

14 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Presumably 2 of the 4 "Private Boater" reps elected by private boaters to CRT Council?

StarUKWiki who is occasionally on the forum is one of the 4 elected reps.  (As is the infamous Vaughn Welch!)

That sounds plausible. 

27 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Presumably 2 of the 4 "Private Boater" reps elected by private boaters to CRT Council?

StarUKWiki who is occasionally on the forum is one of the 4 elected reps.  (As is the infamous Vaughn Welch!)

No one asked me as a private boater who I wanted to represent me.

4 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Then if you really were not notified about the last round of Council elections, I can only assume your contact details with CRT were not correct.

All private boat owners should have got a vote - I certainly did!

• Greenie 1

On 29/03/2019 at 14:18, ditchcrawler said:

When were the elections?

Were there any decent candidates or were they all rubbish?

30 minutes ago, Loddon said:

When were the elections?

Were there any decent candidates or were they all rubbish?

The last ones (the second ones held) were I think around December 2015.

Those elected are in post for 4 years, so I anticipate the next elections will be around December of this year.

The currently elected representatives can be found here, and includes not just the 4 private boaters, but also the volunteer rep, and the boating businesses rep.

Most of them I think are doing a good job, other than Vaughan Welch, who has published views that I consider are as obnoxious as they are inaccurate.

Both Stella Ridgeway and Andy Tidy are very good at publishing their own synopses of meetings they attend, and are fairly "visible" in their respective roles.

To be honest I care even less than I did in 2015! Today is my last day on the stinking ditches I don't see coming back whilst CART are making a mess of it all a viable option. I has changed so much for the worse I just dont want to be here 19 locks and 4 miles to go ;)

• Love 1

On 28/03/2019 at 17:34, Tumshie said:

Is that title meant to say 2018?

Yes! Apologies. 

On 29/03/2019 at 09:17, Jerra said:

Somebody who attended and was able to give good clear feed back on the forum would I feel be very useful.

Yes, that was my main question. It would be lovely to have a representative, however said, although it is something that has been done, its a quite a job of work to canvas the site opinion on any one topic let alone anything more.

However having a copy of minutes and the general conduct of the forum meeting would  be interesting.

Often I get feedback from the Steam Boat Association as a committee member , however I believe we where unable to field a representative due to it being midweek.

So yes, if anyone went and is able to post a summary of the outcome that would be amazing, Else I am sure information will filter through.

Thanks

Daniel