Our sofa all finished

Featured Posts

At the risk of boring you all to death, here's what our boat looked like when we first bought her:

before_zpsb64dd260.jpg

Then last week, with the sofa all finished, and a church pew added (we have a dinette/desk thing in front of it, and we sit there to put boots on!), and our carpet mats we had made. The mat round the fire is heavy duty fireproof stuff.

Might be a bit of a photo overload but I couldn't choose which ones to put up.

finished5_zps59b17fc2.jpg

finished4_zps559b9de3.jpg

finished3_zpse9658945.jpg

finished2_zps94e39bf4.jpg

finished1_zps9766051e.jpg

Sorry if it's a bit much, but I do like to nosey at other folk's boats so I hope you like these!

Looks nice and comfortable, very homely. I thought about going with a church pew idea, but went with using oak flooring to make a table top seat ends and table end. a picture for you to peep at....

My link

edited to get link to work

Edited by chazzy

Ooo, Chazzy, that's nice. Ours really isn't quite a dinette, the table part is only one of those breakfast bar jobs with wire storage underneath. The pew was in the family and it just fitted nicely at the end of the sofa. We might make a cushion for it yet, there is still some fabric left over from the sofa (they were a 2 and 3 seater which we chopped up and stuck back together).

There is room for a proper dinette if we want it but haven't got round to it, bedroom was first job, comfy sofa second.

Can I ask where you got your drop leaf table from? Looking for something just like that!

Sofa looks lovely BTW :)

A quick google search for dropleaf table Ikea, (looked like Ikea) and it looks like it's the Norden dropleaf table from Ikea. Available on ebay.

My link

Or at Ikea.

My link

James :cheers:

Edited by canals are us?

Can I ask where you got your drop leaf table from? Looking for something just like that!

Sofa looks lovely BTW :)

It was left on the boat when we got it but it is indeed Ikea. It's really heavy & solid, we've actually sawn the legs off one side and we're going to chop it down a bit more and fix it properly under the gunwale when we get round to it.