Skip to content

Where's Rosie & Jim's narrowboat?

Featured Replies

Just watching the end of Brum (niece is watching CBeebies) and the Ragdoll name popped up at the end and it made me wonder, where's the nb Ragdoll? It's just something from my childhood that I'd like to know if it's still going, even if it's no longer on TV... :lol:

Just watching the end of Brum (niece is watching CBeebies) and the Ragdoll name popped up at the end and it made me wonder, where's the nb Ragdoll? It's just something from my childhood that I'd like to know if it's still going, even if it's no longer on TV... :lol:

Havent seen it for about 7-8 years now, it used to have a little 'flat' joined onto the back so they could film from. Always thought it was a usefull addition even if it made steering a little unwieldy

Hi

Like Andy, I haven;t seen Ragdoll for years. The boat was built locally by Black Country Narrowboats at Stourton back in the late 80s and I was involved in the lettering and decoration, then and subsequently following a repaint at Rose narrowboats at Brinklow in the mid 90s.

The boat cost a stupendous £47k when bulit, and I couldn't see how they would recoup making a pre -school daytime programme. How wrong was I!!!!!!!

Cheers

Dave Moore

Hi

Like Andy, I haven;t seen Ragdoll for years. The boat was built locally by Black Country Narrowboats at Stourton back in the late 80s and I was involved in the lettering and decoration, then and subsequently following a repaint at Rose narrowboats at Brinklow in the mid 90s.

The boat cost a stupendous £47k when bulit, and I couldn't see how they would recoup making a pre -school daytime programme. How wrong was I!!!!!!!

Cheers

Dave Moore

I saw it a couple of years ago at Fenny Compton, I'll post a picture later......

  • Author
I saw it a couple of years ago at Fenny Compton, I'll post a picture later......

 

Were Rosie and Jim still aboard? :lol:

Were Rosie and Jim still aboard? :lol:

Sadly Rosie & Jim seem to still be aboard as many 25% of all narrowboars on the British canals network.

I may be completely wrong but I believe that the Rosie and Jim people also did the 'tellytubbies', so maybe they have bought a Greek island or something?

  • Author
Sadly Rosie & Jim seem to still be aboard as many 25% of all narrowboars on the British canals network.

 

Well, I meant specifically the nb Ragdoll... :lol:

 

I may be completely wrong but I believe that the Rosie and Jim people also did the 'tellytubbies', so maybe they have bought a Greek island or something?

 

Wouldn't surprise me if they did!!! The teletubbies are everywhere!!! :lol:

Last time I saw Rag Doll in fact all 6 times over the last year or so it was moored just south of Aynho Bridge on the South Oxford, looking very sorry for itself.

 

RAG DOLL Picture

That's not the Ragdoll, Maffi.

  • Author
Last time I saw Rag Doll in fact all 6 times over the last year or so it was moored just south of Aynho Bridge on the South Oxford, looking very sorry for itself.

 

RAG DOLL Picture

 

Thanks for that, but, that's not the Ragdoll, the one on TV has round portholes and a large open front end, if you look round the ragdoll tv website you can see pictures of it, aswell as a nice animated drawing of it too... :lol:

 

But that one looks like it needs some work doing, it's sad to see a boat in that state... :lol:

Oh B*ll*cks!

Thanks for that, but, that's not the Ragdoll, the one on TV has round portholes and a large open front end, if you look round the ragdoll tv website you can see pictures of it, aswell as a nice animated drawing of it too... :lol:

 

But that one looks like it needs some work doing, it's sad to see a boat in that state... :lol:

 

 

What you really want is Rosie & Jim's website :lol:

  • Author
What you really want is Rosie & Jim's website :lol:

 

Yes, that would help... :lol:

 

I decided to e-mail Ragdoll themselves to ask about the nb Ragdoll, not asking to see it or anything, just to know if it's still out and about or at least still in existence... :lol:

Ragdoll was in Fenny Compton marina when we went past last September. I gather that's its usual home.

I may be completely wrong but I believe that the Rosie and Jim people also did the 'tellytubbies', so maybe they have bought a Greek island or something?

 

The Tellytubbies were indeed produced by the same company, Rag Doll Productions?

  • Author
The Tellytubbies were indeed produced by the same company, Rag Doll Productions?

 

Yep, and looking through their news on their website, they're looking for a 5th teletubby to celebrate their 10th anniversary, 10 years of those evil things, ugh!!! :lol:

Sadly Rosie & Jim seem to still be aboard as many 25% of all narrowboars on the British canals network.

What's wrong with Rosie and Jim? My kids would probably have never set foot on a boring narrowboat had they not watched that as toddlers, which would mean no narrowboats for me. Definitely a fan.

  • Author
What's wrong with Rosie and Jim? My kids would probably have never set foot on a boring narrowboat had they not watched that as toddlers, which would mean no narrowboats for me. Definitely a fan.

 

If it wasn't for them I probably wouldn't be as interested in the canals as I am today!!! :lol:

Nb Ragdoll was sadly torpedoed after passing a Royal Navy mooring at over four miles per hour. Jim was at the helm and was last heard exclaiming "But the GPS only says..."

Nb Ragdoll was sadly torpedoed after passing a Royal Navy mooring at over four miles per hour. Jim was at the helm and was last heard exclaiming "But the GPS only says..."

right, as promised.....

 

P5130023.jpg

  • Author
right, as promised.....

 

P5130023.jpg

 

YAY!!! There she is!!! :lol:

 

But where's Duck??? :lol:

Edited by twocvbloke

YAY!!! There she is!!! :lol:

 

But where's Duck??? :lol:

wood worm got her in the end, very sad.

Looks like a full time job keeping that thing shiny.

 

- Hobs

Has it passed into private hands now?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.