Anderton lift

stuart

Featured Posts

Looking at taking a cruise at the end of the month up to the Anderton lift.

Once I'm through that and onto the River Weaver, where shall I go for an overnight mooring - prefer one with a pub+food nearby! Suggestions please!

Looking at taking a cruise at the end of the month up to the Anderton lift.

Once I'm through that and onto the River Weaver, where shall I go for an overnight mooring - prefer one with a pub+food nearby! Suggestions please!

Northwich Town Quay.

Just past the sanitary station and under the first swing bridge on the right hand side going upstream.

and the pub??

You will be in the centre of Northwich (cross the river on the swing bridge), and there is a wide selection of pubs.

Having been in several, I'm afraid that I can't remember the names (it was a good night out).

There is a riverside pub - of the 'moor and eat' type where you can sit and admire your boat - downstream from the lift, just above Acton Swing Bridge.

Dont think you can overnight it there - if you havnt imbibed too much you can nip across the river and below the bridge to the visitors mooring there

Edited by WJM

Hi all ,

the pub just mentioned is the riverside you can more outside but have to say been twice and the food isnt what it shoud be!!

a little futher on on the right under the road bridge is also a couple of pubs, the leigh arms is a real nice place but busy great food ! nice place to moor overnight ! and just a little further is saltersford lock a real nice place to moor and often visited by bats around the 10 pm mark ! .

Greg Jax . :)