Humax lip synch

jenevers

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, Nickhlx said:

It could be because it needs adjusting so it is a plus or minus figure to sync the audio to the video - have you tried adjusting away from 0 ms (which probably assumes no adjustment is needed) ?

Nick

Adjustment is from 0 ms to 400 ms. Neither of which gets things into sync. The audio is ahead of the picture. Very strange.

Our old Humax box used to do this occasionally if we used live pause etc. Sometimes it would be in sync, sometimes not. In general I found that pausing again and restarting often fixed it, whereas tinkering with the sync delay never did!

I'm glad to say that our new Humax box (with smart functionality) doesn't seem to do this.

So I'm afraid I think your problem is a "feature of the model"!

Oh and "why have sync setting at all" is because sound and video data are sent digitally to the TV and a there can be different processing times between the two, resulting in permanent out of sync. Or the video can be sent digitally and the sound by analogue means. Or vice versa. (analogue being instantaneous, digital requires processing which creates a delay) This setting can fix any inherent timing differences.

Edited by nicknorman

1 hour ago, jenevers said:

The audio is ahead of the picture. 

Which is what I would expect. Lots more processing on video than audio. 80ms delay on the audio is a couple of frames and would normally be all that’s required.