Liveaboard issues

Mac10

Featured Posts

9 hours ago, Mac10 said:

Could have guessed there wouldn't be any intelligent debate found here lol

Have you ever read anything on this forum - this is the norm. ?

I am among those on this site who could be classed as a bleeding heart liberal, a give everybody the benefit of the doubt type and even I’m hard pushed to believe you’re not a troll, I do hope that's not the case though, (while I don’t agree with hammering new members just because they mention the word widebeam in their first post) but right from the start you seem to be here to push buttons and stir the pot. Having opposing views is not a bad thing but….

On 21/10/2018 at 21:24, Mac10 said:

and yet those who want to liveaboard for whatever reasons are scum, unless you are a genuine continual cruiser

This phrase, right here, is not doing you any favours.

If you want an intelligent debate there are more than enough people here who can give you that, but if that is what you want then you have to open the debate with an intelligent post and not a petulant temper tantrum. Having said that nothing wrong with a good rant when you want to get something out your system. 

Plus there were some very intelligent posts in this thread - they just didn’t give you the echo chamber you maybe wanted. 

• Greenie 3

15 hours ago, Mac10 said:

Could have guessed there wouldn't be any intelligent debate found here lol

Well, you haven't actually shown any interest in debating, have you?  All you've done is stuck a post up detailing your thoughts, then gone away, apart from nipping back on the third page to sling another insult out! Debating takes involvement in the discussion, and enough points have been made for us to be interested in your thoughts, assuming you have any, rather than just having preconceived notions that you're going to stick to, whatever the evidence.

• Greenie 2

5 hours ago, Tumshie said:

Plus there were some very intelligent posts in this thread - they just didn’t give you the echo chamber you maybe wanted. 

I really like that phrase.

It sums up very nicely the occasional (often new and with very low post count) poster who comes on here and then gets a bit miffed when everybody doesn't chime in with the same views but either takes the mick or simply writes them off as a troll just trying to stir things.

Additionally if somebody wants a 'debate' it's normal to participate in a thread you have opened, not leave it several days between posting something contentious and then participating again. For me the oft cited excuse of 'I didn't have a phone signal' doesn't wash.