BWML fuel cards

Neil2

Featured Posts

I've just received one of these in the post.  I understood they are issued so you can use the automated diesel dispensers at BWML marinas yet the instructions tell you to contact a member of staff who will authorise/dispense fuel and collect payment.   Who has used one of these cards and how do they work?

7 minutes ago, Neil2 said:

I've just received one of these in the post.  I understood they are issued so you can use the automated diesel dispensers at BWML marinas yet the instructions tell you to contact a member of staff who will authorise/dispense fuel and collect payment.   Who has used one of these cards and how do they work?

I have 2 of these, (A blue one & a green one)

A Zero tax (ie 'heating') and a 

Tax-Paid card (ie propulsion)

I simply presented 'the zero card' to the office, they came down, adjusted the 'rate' on the pump, dispensed, paid and off we went.

Which did you apply for ?

10 minutes ago, Neil2 said:

Ive used the Sawley pump since the introduction of this stupid system. I simply went into shop and pleaded ignorance and was served and informed on how to obtain a card for future use. Needless to say I arent going to arse about with a silly system and no longer use CART marinas for fuel.

3 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I have 2 of these, (A blue one & a green one)

A Zero tax (ie 'heating') and a 

Tax-Paid card (ie propulsion)

I simply presented 'the zero card' to the office, they came down, adjusted the 'rate' on the pump, dispensed, paid and off we went.

Which did you apply for ?

I applied for the 60/40 blue card but the one they sent is actually the green one.

The reason I ask is our boat is stuck on the Lancaster canal at present where there was until recently no (canalside) diesel available.  However, there is now an automated pump at the BWML Marina at Galgate with the instruction that you need a BWML card to operate it.  I've used these self service pumps in the past with a debit card but I presumed there must now be an additional process to go through with the blue/green cards..?  I'm back home at the moment so I can't see for myself. 

1 minute ago, Neil2 said:

I applied for the 60/40 blue card but the one they sent is actually the green one.

The reason I ask is our boat is stuck on the Lancaster canal at present where there was until recently no (canalside) diesel available.  However, there is now an automated pump at the BWML Marina at Galgate with the instruction that you need a BWML card to operate it.  I've used these self service pumps in the past with a debit card but I presumed there must now be an additional process to go through with the blue/green cards..?  I'm back home at the moment so I can't see for myself. 

Sorry , unable to help.

I have purchased diesel in two BWML marinas and in neither of them were the pumps designed to be used with the BWML cards (the staff at both marinas didn't know what I was talking about , even when I showed them the cards). I just explained I wanted 'zero' % diesel, 'flashed' the card and that's what I was given.

Presumably it the next few weeks the 'BWML' cards will be withdrawn anyway.

I am sure the intention was to use the cards in automated pumps. It is a way of making  an automated declaration if the split between propulsion and domestic use. As said it is now pointless is the marinas are to be sold.....unless of course no one wants to buy the marinas.

53 minutes ago, Neil2 said:

There is canalside diesel at Moons Bridge Marina. Sorry I'm not sure how the Galgate set-up works now. How are you stuck; did you not manage to get on one of the arranged Ribble Crossings?

6 hours ago, MartynG said:

I am sure the intention was to use the cards in automated pumps. It is a way of making  an automated declaration if the split between propulsion and domestic use. As said it is now pointless is the marinas are to be sold.....unless of course no one wants to buy the marinas.

But don't the new owner want to sell fuel?

12 hours ago, Mike Todd said:

But don't the new owner want to sell fuel?

I expect the new owners  might well want to continue selling fuel but they may not wish to continue with the intention to fit automated pay at pump systems.

Just now, MartynG said:

I expect the new owners  might well want to continue selling fuel but they may not wish to continue with the intention to fit automated pay at pump systems.

Or, use the BWML operating name.

Several of the BWML marinas are not being sold, just leased, with the new 'owners' purely operating / managing those marinas, whilst they actually 'own' the others - so - maybe the BWML 'brand' will remain with C&RT as marina 'owners' but not as marina operators.

29 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Several of the BWML marinas are not being sold, just leased, with the new 'owners' purely operating / managing those marinas

I didn't know that.