Any of these left?

Nightwatch

Featured Posts

Looks like a bog standard old school 12v 2D fluorescent light.

Midland Chandlers still list replacement tubes on their website but it might be a caravanning shop or website you need to buy a complete replacement light. Perhaps you have tried and drawn a blank?

Someone may be along shortly to say they have converted theirs to LED.

JP

Thanks Alan I'll contact him. Sir Pegg, it's the whole fitting I need. My boat is losing these fittings as days pass as the plastic has become brittle. I have converted all of the remainder to LED. Thanks.

just for info, there's an electrical supplier, TLC, that sell the 2D tubes very cheaply. 

FWIW -

The originals were made by Marlec  who stopped making them some years ago. It's the outer plastic trim that degrades, leaving the basic surface mounted unit still serviceable.

IMHO converting to LEDs doesn't save much (if any) power as the 2D lamps are pretty efficient - especially when driven by HF A/C (Somebody will doubtless shoot me down over that...).

1 hour ago, OldGoat said:

FWIW -

The originals were made by Marlec  who stopped making them some years ago. It's the outer plastic trim that degrades, leaving the basic surface mounted unit still serviceable.

IMHO converting to LEDs doesn't save much (if any) power as the 2D lamps are pretty efficient - especially when driven by HF A/C (Somebody will doubtless shoot me down over that...).

I agree about the outer trim. It's the slide switch lugs that have broken. I wanted to convert to LED to make me feel better. I have experienced a difference in power consumption and light. 

The reason for wanting replacement light fittings is because I want to avoid a mish mash of deckhead lights. I'm failing.

3 hours ago, Nightwatch said:

I agree about the outer trim. It's the slide switch lugs that have broken. I wanted to convert to LED to make me feel better. I have experienced a difference in power consumption and light. 

The reason for wanting replacement light fittings is because I want to avoid a mish mash of deckhead lights. I'm failing.

Understand. LEDs will give a whiter light (as would a white 2-D lamp - which I find a bit bright...

I have one 2D fitting (so far) where the lugs have broken, so I purchased a handful of small switches that fitted into the space from eBay. A bit of a bodge and not very neat - but it works...