What size 12v cable?

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Maplins were clueless and the guy in charge smelt like he doesn't wear deodorant.

Just a note, everything has at least 30% off. 

Chatting to the one in Lowestoft they have been told nothing, they still get deliveries and work from week to week

I’ve been trying to buy 2 x 2m lengths of 25mm2 cable for a few weeks, and I really wanted to see and feel it before buying, so I could tell how flexible it is. Tried calling into Halfords and a few motor factors but nothing. I also wanted an 80A fuse and holder and some cable end rings, and would have bought them if available. Ditto liquid absorbent pads.

In the end, I ordered the electrical stuff online on Saturday and it was delivered today. No longer need the absorbent pads as the Wickes wet and dry vacuum recommended by Mr Smelly did the job.

No wonder real life shops are declining in volume :(

There used to be a motor factors near where I lived. I later it to know the owner who had to give up as Mr Halford moved in not far away and convenience took over. Anyway, you could walk in with a bit off a motor and he and all his staff would know what it was, where it was and perhaps offer a mod of it. I think gone of the days of practical repairs and refurb of stuff is gone. Brake master and slave cylinder resets where my fave. 

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

As an alternative,  you could always try to find a 4m piece and cut it in half...  :wacko:

:):):)

I should have been more specific.... 2m of Black and 2m of Red :)

Opened the bag last night, and the 25mm2 tinned cable is very flexible - luvvly jubbly.

www.altecautomotive.co.uk

I bought from them rather than https://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/ because they sell an 80A Mega fuse, whereas other places seemed to have a minimum of 100A Mega fuses.

A Midi fuse wouldnt have worked as the holders dont take 25mm2 cable.