Narrowboat related Blogs

kawaton

Featured Posts

I follow several narrowboat Youtube Vlogs.....which is a fairly recent thing.

However, at the moment these are only being updated once a week.

I used to follow many narrowboat Blogs, but I stopped a few years back as a result of a self-imposed exile from anything canal related whilst I had young children and was unable to get onto the canal.

On checking many of these blogs it appears most have stopped boating or no longer update.

So my question is, are there any good, active, blogs that people follow?

If you look at the blog for Adam, (occasionally on here), he has an extensive blogroll down the right hand side, in order of "recentness of update".

Not that this guarantees quality of any blog, but it gives a good idea of the most active ones.

Our own, (details below) remains live, but enforced absence from any boating means few recent updates, (beyond an explanation of why we couldn't be boating!).

Hopefully that situation will improve this year.

The other three "historic" boaters who were blogging for boats "Willow" (Amy & James), Enceladus (Sarah) & Chertsey (another Sarah), Have largely gone dormant unfortunately, other than the second Sarah's posts on largely non boating matters.  A shame, I hope they will restart.......

• Greenie 1

Thanks both, much appreciated.

Adams' Blog in particular will prove to be an excellent place to link to other blogs I feel. 

(I used to use maffi's Blog for that, but most are now not active)

Edit to add - I have visited your blog a few times Alan, and will continue to do so

Edited by kawaton

5 hours ago, Richard T said:

I like this one.  Jacquelines husband died but she has carried on boating on her own.http://boatlife.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks for that.

I started following Les' blog back in 2005 shortly after he started it. I continued to follow regularly until my break from all things canal related in 2011.

I had forgotten all about it until your post, so have spent the last 5 hours catching up.

Can't deny i became a little tearful reading the last couple of years. So sad.

Edited by kawaton