Morso stove riddle plate removal

Featured Posts

Thanks for all the helpful posts and also the comical duck shrubbery it has made me giggle. 

I found a large hammer worked well to remove the old plate and the new one is now installed without any hassle 

thanks again 

F9CA5069-CE87-4DC1-B7E9-EA99F8DBEB20.jpeg

CC8AB9FD-0B5A-4515-970E-8A85971D413A.jpeg

Edited by Smudge201
  • Greenie 1

• 1 year later...

Hello all I’m late to the party but I only got my boat October this year and then came up against this baffle problem on Christmas morning ?.

so as you can imagine nowhere to get a replacement until the day after Boxing Day! So after doing a bodge repair for two day I got the part and was puzzled about how to swap it easily which led me here.  

I was was trying as suggested on here and as I wiggled the rod I noticed the very end piece unscrews and you can drop the old baffle into the bottom and pull the rod in with it and then all out trough the ash tray opening and replace in reverse.

I hope this saves someone a struggle.?

You had your money's worth out of that one!

I found that if the ash pan is allowed to get so full that the ash touches the bars, they last no time at all. 

Keeping the level down, mine last for years, currently 8 years regular use burning anthracite and eggs mixture, no, not chicken or duck eggs before the clowns rush in.

I never had a problem replacing the riddle plate on my Morso Panther. It lasted 10 years and came out fairly easily. It doesn't need a lot of riddling, just a bit of back and forth shaking without actually moving there plate very much is all it needs to clear it and get some more air moving though it.