Very wet and a bit pi€€ed off

matty40s

Featured Posts

41 minutes ago, matty40s said:

The islanders left their boat in front of me on Boxing Day.

Today they have had an overstay email from CRT reminding them that they should be moving on or back to their home mooring.

The river has been in flood since late Boxing Day, and remains in flood - with more rain expected tonight.

i told them just to email the flood warning to the enforcement bod and also told them that they could go to work on their boat, moor above the lock like they have been doing- and back every evening, 365 days a year and there's nothing CRT can do about it.

Most of the island has had a soaking, but the current travels round both sides,  the water over their property is like a millpond so no damage has been done.

Honestly, it's unbelievable. What about a note from CRT asking if they're ok? Ok, that would be silly but seems a ridiculous waste of resources telling them to move on.

Thanks for the update on the islanders. We were hugely impressed by the work they'd done and were hoping it wasn't all ruined.

Edited by Mrs Trackman
Wrong tense

7 hours ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Thankyou. I'm just so pleased boaters bought it and are making such a go of it. 

14 hours ago, matty40s said:

The islanders left their boat in front of me on Boxing Day.

Today they have had an overstay email from CRT reminding them that they should be moving on or back to their home mooring.

The river has been in flood since late Boxing Day, and remains in flood - with more rain expected tonight.

i told them just to email the flood warning to the enforcement bod and also told them that they could go to work on their boat, moor above the lock like they have been doing- and back every evening, 365 days a year and there's nothing CRT can do about it.

Most of the island has had a soaking, but the current travels round both sides,  the water over their property is like a millpond so no damage has been done.

Isn't it a 14 day mooring above sileby lock anyway? Even if not, I thought all moorings were 14:days in winter?

They were probably there in the daytime before Christmas, then 2 weeks CRT holiday, checkers come back to work with no data between....

Hey Presto...

The glaring fault in the CRT data gathering exercise rears it's head, never mind that fact that the rivers been in flood for a lot of that time.

Their pattern of bina fide boat movements is pretty much covered by the Davies vs CRT case in reference to the Merseyside ferry discussion.