Lock keeper beaten up

Bewildered

Featured Posts

12 minutes ago, mross said:

Bloody plod has told the criminals that they won't bother investigating minor crimes.  You can actually go online and get a list of offences that the police have promised to ignore.  This might encourage petty criminals to go full time.

Can you please post a link to verify that assertion?

• Happy 1

2 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

Can you please post a link to verify that assertion?

17 Oct 2017 - Britain's biggest police force will stop investigating thousands of “lower level” crimes including burglaries and assaults as part of a cost-cutting drive. Metropolitan Police officers have been told to drop cases if there is a scarcity of leads and they do not believe it is the best use of resources.

• Greenie 1

7 minutes ago, mross said:

see #127

Who was it once said "If you can't cite an authoritative source, you are just spreading gossip.  Many stories in the press turn out to be wildly inaccurate.  Anyone who has been involved in a situation taken up by the 'Gentlemen of the Press' will know that they are often ill-informed.  Internet news sources don't even fact-check"

2 hours ago, mross said:

Bloody plod has told the criminals that they won't bother investigating minor crimes.  You can actually go online and get a list of offences that the police have promised to ignore.  This might encourage petty criminals to go full time.

A somewhat over exaggerated statement given what the article in the Times actually says.:-

"Britain’s biggest Police force will stop investigating thousands of “lower level” crimes including burglaries and assaults as part of a cost-cutting drive. Metropolitan Police officers have been told to drop cases if there is a scarcity of leads and they do not believe it is the best use of resources. The force’s new crime assessment policy is intended to curtail investigations of thousands of “lower-level, higher-volume” offences from shoplifting and burglary to minor assaults. Deputy assistant commissioner Mark Simmons said the Met had to work with fewer officers and less money, with a further £400 million in cuts to be made before 2020."

First of all it is only the Met. and not all Police Forces, Secondly it is only for crimes where there is a scarcity of leads.  Hardly a promise to ingnore crime.

Edited by David Schweizer

1 hour ago, mross said:

Most people would have realised that I was being facetious; a link would have spoilt that.  I'd rather be accused of being a hypocrite than a Philistine! :D

Perhaps I might have realised your intention if you had not added the "Irony Alert" after I sought the link

When my car was stolen, I reported to the civilian service who take non-emergency calls on behalf of the police.  The Police Service never followed up and obviously feel that they have done their duty by gifting me with a crime number.  I do accept that my post did not meet my own standards.  For this, I apologise.

52 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

A somewhat over exaggerated statement

Yes, do you not understand irony?  I was being facetious FFS.  And why do you use a tautology?

This riposte is meant in good nature and  I would hate to offend you accidentally.  :)

Edited by mross