Sterling-NASA -Victron

Glynn

Featured Posts

Tip 1. Divide the wattage of any 240V appliance you're going to run from your inverter by 10 - this will give you a good enough approximation of the inverter current draw at 12V allowing for losses. 1500w hairdryer? 150 amps near as makes no difference. Easy now, innit? :)

Tip 2. Go to Boots and buy your missus a Vidal Sassoon hot brush for about 12 quid, which blows hot air and does a decent enough job yet is only rated at about 180w. 18 amps - even the batteries will be happy!  If she's gonna have a fancy hairdo for a special occasion, let her use the old energy-hungry drier when the engine's running, i.e. whilst your steering and therefore at a safe distance!

21 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Tip 2. Go to Boots and buy your missus a Vidal Sassoon hot brush for about 12 quid, which blows hot air and does a decent enough job yet is only rated at about 180w. 18 amps - even the batteries will be happy!  If she's gonna have a fancy hairdo for a special occasion, let her use the old energy-hungry drier when the engine's running, i.e. whilst your steering and therefore at a safe distance!

Or buy her one of these, then you don't have to worry about using any electricity to dry hair. 

http://www.google.co.uk/shopping/product/5540115888193117973?lsf=seller:80823,store:5458587413895722321&prds=oid:16393987138438007031&q=gas+powered+hair+brush&hl=en&ei=DHzcWfrMFMeqaYzggIAI&lsft=gclid:CjwKCAjw3_HOBRBaEiwAvLBbokLg24Jnvq4P2rH0ya1QhoJKob1iUSALZNeG8R6SreAA-ozI_AhquBoCAjEQAvD_BwE

My missus has been using one for years to dry her hair when on the boat.