Rusty patch/paint repair

Featured Posts

Wire brush to shiny

owatrol oil multi application

good primer with owatrol in the mix

topcoat.

2012 did this with fenny's counter and swim  lightly rusted bare metal left from rebuild in 2005 ithink and never painted. Used White damboline straight onto well  owatrol soaked surface. To date not a pimple has re appeared.

main problem was cheap high caused by solvents...

Re signwriting. Talking to one local signwriter the other day in the paint dock who was telling me someone traced his work to create stencil patterns. Cheat!

Edited by mark99

12 minutes ago, dave moore said:

Most good signwriters would flinch at being asked to replicate someone else's work....I may be wrong, but I think that the livery on Mike's boat was painted by someone I taught for a weekend, years ago, on one of my lettering courses. Signwriting is akin to handwriting, we all have an individualistic take on letters, making everyone's work recognisable, as opposed to perfect but soul- less computer cut vinyl.

Cheers! 

Dave

Oops, and I was planning to phone you tomorrow to see about you replicating my castles  :D  Perhaps replicating was a bad choice of words, maybe better would be:... this is how it was, can you do something in your style that is sympathetic to the original???

There's a few boats on the K&A sign-written by the owners, or in one case the owners child, they are very rough, but I still like them more than vinyl.

............Dave