Eco-Hull by ABC Boat Building

Featured Posts

Any idea how much 50ft of 15mm baseplate weighs? I seem to remember that one of the operators of working boats said that on a 70ft boat,it will drop 1" per ton?

I've been told that by people in the NBT discussing the loading of coal, and by my own calculation just now based on Archimedes' principle that would be about right. It depends on the area at the waterline, and a shorter boat would drop a bit more per ton.

A 'proper' swim smile.png

30106667620_37305218c7.jpg

Nutfield - Braunston Dry Dock 16/10/2016 by Ian, on Flickr

Yes, I agree for 100%, that is a "proper" stern, for the nowadays boatbuilders producing a sternshape like that will be a too much time and money consuming job that most clients aren't willing to pay.

The top-builders are still willing, and are quite capable of building "proper" hulls with the swims as they used to be, but this has a price of course.

"Loddon" has rather nice lines too, and is coming already much closer to the "real" thing.

Peter.

Any idea how much 50ft of 15mm baseplate weighs? I seem to remember that one of the operators of working boats said that on a 70ft boat,it will drop 1" per ton?

Why you want a composite hull the wood bottoms actually push the boat up.

If you take the same boat one with steel bottom even a thin one and one with wood bottom the wood one sits alot more out the water.