Looking for function room hire near to Fradley

Grassman

Featured Posts

We're looking for somewhere to have a family/friends event next September to accommodate about 20 people for a lunchtime/afternoon do. Ideally somewhere that does food and drinks but this isn't essential as we could bring in outside caterers. I want a private room as well which unfortunately rules out quite a few pubs.

I'm looking for

1. Somewhere within 5-10 minutes walking distance from the canal and ideally somewhere we could moor up outside.

2. A place within about 10 - 15 miles maximum of Fradley Junction either on the Trent & Mersey, Coventry, or Birmingham & Fazeley Canals.

3. Pubs, restaurants, hotels, church/village halls, sports or social clubs are the kind of places I'm looking for.

So far I am awaiting a reply from the Brook Marston Hotel near Minworth, and Hawkesyard Estate in Armitage but I think these only cater for large events like weddings.

Any information and ideas would be much appreciated thanks.

The Samuel Barlow gets my vote too. We had a superb day there this year, with a great lunch for family and close friends followed by a party in the evening. The food and drink were excellent and they really worked hard to make sure everything was perfect. Their mooring outside has electric hookup if you are staying for a couple of days.

Three pubs at Polesworth.

Royal Oak - Br52.- good towpath mooings - roadside parking

The Yard - Br.53 - poor towpath moorings and poor towpath - unless you moor beyond BR52 or 54 Off road parking.

Kings Head Br.54 - good towpath moorings but CRT winter allocations operate.- limited off road parking.

I can't vouch for them myself - but they are popular with locals

edit. towpath inserted

Edited by Horace42

Many thanks all for your suggestions. I like the idea of the Samuel Barlow at Alvecote but I will take a look at the others too.

Barlow's at Alvecote has plenty of off road parking with a large private car park, and plenty of moorings - much more convenient than the Polesworth pubs I mentioned.- and with Narrowcraft boatyard and marina for most service facilities.