Bubble Diese Stove - Fuel Flow

Featured Posts

Hello,

I fitted a Diesle bubble stove to my boat last week and it's brilliant.

However I always struggle to get the diesel flowing into the pot initially? I try everything from turning the dial up and down turning the valve on and off waiting for it to come through tapping the pin on the top of the valve and after messing about with it it does seem to flow after about 10 mins of fiddling, and continues to flow once lit until it's turnt off.

Is there something I am doing wrong to get the initial pool of diesel into the pot for lighting? Surely I should just be able to turn the control dial and the diesel should come through almost instantly.

Thanks

Mitch

Edited by Mitchellmoxo

Had one for 8-9 years now to start it turn dial to full open twirl the litle handle that sticks out of the side pulling in and out whist twirling it, leave it in the in position by that point diesel should be in the pot which I light with a long gas lighter.

Then I leave fire to heat up and turn dial to first 3 then lower if needed.

Their is the jiggler as well which I sometimes use if stove hasnt been used for a while

yes the fuel does come from the engine tank which is about a 3M pipe run, the outlet is 200mm above stove as per the instructions. I have been reccomended a priming pump does anybody know where I can get one?

I have seen these on ebay however it will only be used to get the flow going so once turned off will diesel still be able to flow through the pump?

thanks

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-ELECTRIC-UNIVERSAL-PETROL-DIESEL-FUEL-PUMP-FACET-POSI-FLOW-STYLE-KIT-CAR-/221798752937?hash=item33a43c62a9:g:~qUAAOSwpDdVeaF3

Could there be a filter that needs cleaning?

An ordinary fuel lift pump with manual operation would be simpler and safer. The valves are very light and would probably allow flow to continue by gravity. Why fit electric pump that will only run for a few seconds.

227.659.jpg

Edited by mross