Fiamma Vent 28 White Turbo

Nemie

Featured Posts

Hello I am going to install a 12v vent on my boat, I have everything ready to get going but I just can't work out how the lead for the power goes through the vent other than me having to cut away some of the plastic casing and I do not feel that's correct the company would not expect us to do that.

Does anyone know how I get the lead outside of the case?

ssssssssss.jpg

No it don't, I know how to wire it and I think I can see how the wire might go through the unit only it don't feel right.

Yes the power is shown as going through fan housing surround only no hole for the wire to go through, only a small bracket with very thin cut out runners I assume it must be fed through that but it don't look right as it distorts the switch housing.

I have built a 25mm spacer my boat has single roof skin the vent has a minimum requirement of 25mm.

I am fitting it tomorrow I have fed the wires through the bracket slider grove that will have to do.

With the vent dismantled do either halves show a marking of where they could be cut to create a groove for the cable?

I looked quite hard no markings at all I am having to go with this sliding groove around switch as the area to feed the wires, I need it fitted tomorrow as we are in for some wet weather thereafter, so have no choice has to be there.

Edited by Nemie

I looked quite hard no markings at all I am having to go with this sliding groove around switch as the area to feed the wires, I need it fitted tomorrow as we are in for some wet weather thereafter, so have no choice has to be there.

I replaced the 400mm size from standard to vented & on the interior section there was a small indent on 2 sides of the upstand a suitable size hole could be drilled to allow the wires to be fed through.