Kennet and Avon First timers - Any Advice?

pig

Featured Posts

Mooring by the Rugby Ground / Wier at Bath was banned 2 or 3 years ago following trouble with C'mer's on both sides of the river and the mooring being used for the refit of 1 or 2 boats.

It turned out that this stretch belonged to the city council, they did not want any risk of the liabilities from what was happening there so took legal action to clear what was rapidly becoming an eyesore.

Barriers have been placed to stop you mooring

A great shame as this was a wonderful place to stop with great access to the City, and was very popular with the many hire boats on this end of the canal.

Mooring on the approaches to Bath has also been affected, although CART seem to have this a bit better under control, with the exception of a few boats that never move.

Edited by adrianh

Watch out for gushers from leaky lock walls when heading west and descending flight of four from summit, especially if you have trad engine room doors open.

Beware Honey Street taken over by CM'ers. They don't even like you eating in the pub if you take up their seating.

I found The Barge at Honeystreet underwhelming at best. I went in the other day and out of at least four beer pumps on the bar, only one was available. A beer unimaginatively called "Croppie". It was ok but I didn't stay for a second pint.

It seemed like a cartoon pub trading on reputation.

I heard it had changed hands again. I did find some of the customers a bit boorish last time I stopped, but that's pubs for you.

The previous time I went in, 15 years ago, I found the same. Actually left without buying a pint that time, the atmosphere felt so hostile (and the bar staff seemed to be ignoreing us).

Thought I'd try again and at least managed to get a drink this time!

The previous time I went in, 15 years ago, I found the same. Actually left without buying a pint that time, the atmosphere felt so hostile (and the bar staff seemed to be ignoreing us).

Thought I'd try again and at least managed to get a drink this time!

Third time lucky?