Red x in diesel fuel tank

Featured Posts

I'd suggest that any additive you put in your fuel has diesel bug prevention properties as well as whatever else you're trying to achieve, so that one dosage at each refuelling covers you. I am currently using Exocet, but there are quite a few others and they all have their claims and supporters. Have a google and maybe a search here.

I'd suggest that any additive you put in your fuel has diesel bug prevention properties as well as whatever else you're trying to achieve, so that one dosage at each refuelling covers you. I am currently using Exocet, but there are quite a few others and they all have their claims and supporters. Have a google and maybe a search here.

Thought Exocet woz a Missile?

CT

Edited by cereal tiller

Just bought a bottle of that myself, as the supplier had no Marine 16 (my normal medicine.)

Thought Exocet woz a Missile?

CT

It is - and if you have the right security clearances and a need to know I can tell you quite a lot about it. Otherwise, just don't play with one of those on your narrowboat. wink.png

Just bought a bottle of that myself, as the supplier had no Marine 16 (my normal medicine.)

I believe Marine 16 might be the weapon of choice to deal with an established bug problem. The rest of the time, fuel conditioners, which claim to help prevent bug and do other nice things for your engine, might be preferable. Perhaps you've defaulted to the best approach?