cooker Hose

Featured Posts

I've got to get from 3/8 copper pipe to 1/2" bsp on cooker

something like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bayonet-Type-4ft-Gas-Cooker-Hose-Tape-Straight-Bayonet-for-Nat-Gas-LPG-/112027856824?hash=item1a15616fb8:g:JHcAAOSwhDdXD5Oq

then just use a 1/2" female bsp to 3/8 compression

Is this the normal way to do this?

cheers

Broadly, yes. The hose needs to be marked to satisfy the BSS. IIRC it is BS3212 type 2, but check the BSS site or wait for Mike the Boilerman to pitch in.

Don't forget the right sort of (thicker) PTFE tape for the threaded joints.

N

Similar task, my cooker snd water heater are already installed and are isolated by a single cock.

Our fridge was located under the captains chair made out if a kitchen cabinet that had been modified (just don't ask ?) fed from a separate bottle, located in a cage off the stern, 'arrangement' i wanted to change.

Over this period i had the boat safety certificate renewed, we mentioned our intent to move fridge and asked for advice. Inspecter insisted on a cock was needed to isolate the fridge from the heater and the cooker, we are not talking much legnth in pipe, seemed to me a bit ott.

from the cock on the top of the bottle, its about a meter to across a wardrobe to another cock, that then feeds a 'T', one side to cooker, other to the water heater. I could not see why i needed this further cock to isolate the fridge on such a small pipe network.

I installed it to save an elongated discussion, just i do like to know the logic or reason behind anything do, because i beleive if you know this, you more likely to put more into achieving it ?

BTW, maximum flexible pipe legnth (i eas told)is 1 meter..

Alan

The purpose of the isolation vve for hoses is to help find a ĺeak.

All hoses are permeable to LPG to some extent, though when new, not enough to show up on a soundness test. The extent gets greater as the hose ages, to the point where a hose may be the root cause of a soundness test failure.

If the isolation valves are closed the effects of hose permeability are taken out and, if the system then passes a soundness test a happy punter can go bug some new hoses!

N