Desborough Cut

mark99

Featured Posts

I went round the old river a couple of weeks ago. There were some works taking place by Halliford bends which I think is where you mean so that could be the pub moorings I suppose. Despite having been to school 100m from there from 12 to 18 years old (Halliford) I have no idea if there is a pub called the red lion there :rolleyes:

Ok ta lads. It seems ripe for us to traverse up on Sunday and see if the there is anywhere to moor up for a lunchtime snifter.

We got married in Barbados but had our reception in Shepperton. Remember the view out of the hotel where we looked down the old river.

Edited by mark99

There is always the pub just before the Sunbury lock. Last month I took the right hand route round the island just after Hampton Court, made a change. I didn't realise that you could until I saw one of the large trip boats going that way. Same approaching Mosley lock although that entails a near 90 degree turn.

There is always the pub just before the Sunbury lock. Last month I took the right hand route round the island just after Hampton Court, made a change. I didn't realise that you could until I saw one of the large trip boats going that way. Same approaching Mosley lock although that entails a near 90 degree turn.

I saw one of the turks boats going round the back of Thames Ditton Island a couple of weeks ago. Not sure I would fancy coming the other way at the same time as its a pretty narrow channel round there !

I was a bit surprised to see them round there I wonder if it is appreciate by locals. I suppose they might help to prevent it silting up so could be quite a Good Thing.

I always turn right immediately above Molesey Lock as I prefer the variety of boats round the back there. 2 storey houseboats and some nice barges opposite at the little boatyard :)

Also less rowers as they tend to use the normal channel.

Edited by magnetman