Visitor moorings in Worcestershire?

Featured Posts

There's a B&B in Worcesters high st which we once stayed at run by the Horton sisters, twins I thought, typical land ladies, both be-turbaned and wore flowery pinnies and quite bossy. Both went about their daily chores clutching a duster, I never saw them without the duster, they both even looked dusty. The bannister on the stairs was vigorously rubbed all the way up to the landing by both sisters on the way up to show us our room. They dusted everything within reach.

We asked for an evening tea as well as breakfast in the morning, a nice salad was produced backed up by an iced fruitcake which was also vigorously dusted off, as was the loaf of bread and in front of us, which made us a bit apprehensive about eating slices of it which Mrs Horton cut and plonked down before us, you don't know what that duster had been dusting you see, it may have dusted the toilet seat or drain pipe or something.

Anyway it was all quite funny and quite enjoyable really, I've never seen such a pair of avid dusty dusters before. Funnily enough the place was quite dusty though, especially under the bed. The continual vigorous dusting must have caused static which attracted the dusted off dust back again.

There was a Banks pub opposite which was really the lure and to blame for us booking in at the Horton sisters classic B&B.

Oh! I forgot to mention, they both trundled about in big traditional dusty carpet slippers, the ones with a bobble on top,

Edited by bizzard

There are a couple of places on the pontoon just after the river lock on the entry to the canal.

If they are full, you can moor on the river bank in a few places, up by the racecourse is quiet but a long way from anywhere, but we like it. You are meant to pay if you moor there.

Other than that if you go onto the canal there are moorings (free) available.

Worcester is well worth a day or two to look around.

There are a couple of places on the pontoon just after the river lock on the entry to the canal.

If they are full, you can moor on the river bank in a few places, up by the racecourse is quiet but a long way from anywhere, but we like it. You are meant to pay if you moor there.

Other than that if you go onto the canal there are moorings (free) available.

Worcester is well worth a day or two to look around.

We couldn't mooch around Worcester, as much as we'd liked to. The Horton sisters clung to us with grim death and seemed loth to let us go, we had a job to escape. I don't think they'd had any other boarders for a long, long time.