prefinished oak veneered plywood

Featured Posts

due to water damage I need to replace the 9mm oak veneered plywood panels on one side internal of my 11 year old Liverpool Co.Narrowboat. I cannot find a source of such panels? can find plenty of unfinished 9mm panels but the current ones are lacquered and am trying to match up- can anyone help and source these?

due to water damage I need to replace the 9mm oak veneered plywood panels on one side internal of my 11 year old Liverpool Co.Narrowboat. I cannot find a source of such panels? can find plenty of unfinished 9mm panels but the current ones are lacquered and am trying to match up- can anyone help and source these?

I doubt you will match them as sunshine will have darkened the original. I ordered an 8 x 4 sheet of 6mm American White Oak veneered ply from a local timber merchant and glued it as a 300mm strip along the boat to cover the damaged part then put a capping strip of solar oak to cover the edge. As a lot of it is hidden behind radiators and sofa, the lighter shade didn't worry me.

I doubt you will match them as sunshine will have darkened the original. I ordered an 8 x 4 sheet of 6mm American White Oak veneered ply from a local timber merchant and glued it as a 300mm strip along the boat to cover the damaged part then put a capping strip of solar oak to cover the edge. As a lot of it is hidden behind radiators and sofa, the lighter shade didn't worry me.

was this pre finished or did you lacquer it yourself?

Its possible to match but you will need patience

I matched 10year old ash and trim on Parglena when we extended her.

I used the same unfinished ash panels that were used in the fit out and then with lots of various stains and varnish treated the offcuts until I found as close a colour match as I could achieve, then treated the new fit out. A couple of years later when I sold her you couldn't tell what was origional and what was not.

Edited by Loddon

Latham timber do pre finished sheets of oak, but remember you can get crown cut or Qtd it depends on what cut veneer you have

or look at the Woodlam (uk) limited site they manufacture the sheets, might be worth giving them a call to see who they supply.

As mentioned before, getting the sheets un-finished you can stain them as required.

• 2 weeks later...