Stove Flue Pipe Boiler

nbfiresprite

Featured Posts

How ugly.

Neil

It's a boiler - most boilers aren't beautiful things to look at.

In terms of functionality, unless ID of the boiler actually forms the flue or is a very tight fit with the flue I don't think it will work very well.

You could probably do the same thing much more neatly with a spiral of copper pipe round it, but what's wrong with a back boiler?

I see people are bidding for it though...

Edited by Tiggs

I think you would also have a death-wish if you installed it on your boiler, fantastic build quality LOL.

I thought it had a PRV fitted?

You could probably do the same thing much more neatly with a spiral of copper pipe round it, but what's wrong with a back boiler?

Nothing wrong with a back boiler but a flue boiler is designed to capture lost heat from the flue. Whether it works or not is another matter. Round copper pipe won't work very well for the same reason - lack of surface area contact with the flue and thus poor heat transfer.

Since been sold for £83. As for would it work, Yes it will after all the hot gases will rise up the flue, heating the inside of the flue to around 80-120 degrees which inturns heats the water. The early locomotives before Rocket, only had a single pipe through the boiler.

Might not be very good on a canal boat because the flue is generally pretty short and pulling a lot of heat off it may reduce the draw and cause the fire to smoke into the cabin or be difficult to light. Stoves on boats aren't usually run at a very high temperature so I think the chimney might clog up quicker too.

I have never tried one but that is a potential problem which I have seen mentioned.

Seems a lot of money !

And possible carbon monoxide issue of course.

Edited by magnetman