Beldray Window Vac - well worth buying!

bag 'o' bones

Featured Posts

Been using the household Karcher window vac on the boat which we have found useful so we thought it might be about time to buy one specifically for the boat. The full karcher kit when we bought it was about 60 quid which included the spray bottle, alternative smaller squeegee and spares. The spray bottle leaked from new, and so far have never used the smaller squeegee attachment. Perhaps would have been better of just buying the machine on its own.

Cheapest ive seen the karcher bare is just short of £40 which is still a bit spendy

Bought a Beldray window vac with spray/wipe bottle instead the other day from B&M bargains for £29.99:

http://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/beldray-window-vacuum-cleaner-297497

Its got to be said its the best 30 quid i've spend in a long time. Not quite as well made as the Karcher but certainly good enough. The plastics whilst not quite as nicely moulded as the Karcher appear to be good quality and are assembled with hex screws. Unlike the Karcher you don't have to take the top off completely to remove the bottle as it simply clips in. It also has a nifty ball bearing one way valve which stop it spluttering when inverted.

All in all its as good as the more expensive Karcher and the spray/wipe bottle doesn't leak! It also has a pole attachment.

Edited by bag 'o' bones

CPC are doing a Nilfisk one for under £20.

http://cpc.farnell.com/nilfisk-alto/18451203/smart-window-vac-blue/dp/SI17682

I'm tempted to buy the wife one for Valentines Day (as you may have guessed I'm an incurable romantic :) )

Edited go add the link - I'm also incurably forgetful!

Edited by cuthound

• 1 month later...

Nilfisk have a good reputation in the cleaning Equipement market.

Seconded.

Karcher are still very well know as a quality brand, but my last pressure washer was a Nilfisk (only a £100 model, £70 from argos on discount) and its a cracking machine. I think I got unluck as the pressure switch failed on I think use three, but the whole machine was replaced no questions asked all be it with the need to take it into the not very local repair agent, and the 'new' one is now 2 years old and going strong.

If you are looking for a pressure washer and somewhat retrospectively after speaking to the repair agents, I understand that the C125 is the smallest that you can get proper spares for, and the E140 is the most common and the one used for more hirer pressure washers!

That said, I still use a conventional squeegee and towel for my windows!

Daniel

CPC are doing a Nilfisk one for under £20.

http://cpc.farnell.com/nilfisk-alto/18451203/smart-window-vac-blue/dp/SI17682

I'm tempted to buy the wife one for Valentines Day (as you may have guessed I'm an incurable romantic :) )

Edited go add the link - I'm also incurably forgetful!

Well we bought one, (but not as a Valentines Day present, I chickened out of that idea) and it is excellent.

The only thing is that it only comes with the larger width head from CPC. Ones with both heads can be found on Amazon for around £40, or you can buy the smaller head for around £15 (which I have).