Yeast & Sugar

Glynn

Featured Posts

Neil, surely there will be sugars in the sewerage and surely the very action of the yeast on that mass of matter will produce heat. Also I think you will find that yeast will work at lower temperatures than 15C. I can remember my grandmother keeping gallon jars fermenting, very slowly in a very chilly larder on a stone floor.

The bugs in the intestines would have used the sugars, but if the user has diabetes there would be sugar in the urine.

Depends upon the strain of yeast. Normal brewers yeast ferments down to about 15 degrees C, but you can get yeast specifically for lagers, which continue fermenting, albeit at a lower pace, right down to about 2 degrees C. Also the colder the liquid, the more CO2 it can hold, hence the reason why quality German lagers are so fizzy and hold their head until the next day.

I would seek one of these strains out from a home brew shop to use in your pooh tank.

What about bakers yeast?

No! It's for making dough, or beer! It only goes down the loo the day after you've eaten it. wink.png

lol Not active then, anyway a full grain flour probably makes it unnecessary to keep the loo under control. smile.png

Don'tt waste it on beer Ugh horrible stuff lol

Edited by Graham.m