Boater done a runner, gives us all a bad name

Bunny

Featured Posts

Yes I appreciate this is two areas that are sensitive which is why I haven't 'named and shamed ' and only asked for a personal message , if anyone knew this person and felt able to point us in a general direction . I just feels sorry for the chap, Christmas , family and all that. I also remember being turned down by two taxi firms, Banbury and Nantwich when we needed to get our bunny to a vet, because boaters had run off without paying the fare . Bunny

Will you give your personal guarantee that this person is not going to be the subject of violence?

Will you give your personal guarantee that this person is not going to be the subject of violence?

Yeah Bunny, how do we know your second name isn't BOILER and you're a former sexual plaything cast aside

like the contents of a full cassette once he got bored of you and you're now seeking your revenge.

Why should we tell you anything when Flopsy, Mopsy and Cottontail's lives may be at stake, we don't want our fellow boater

coming home to the smell of roasting rabbit, bunny a la bain marie or roll mopsey.

We have a code of silence on here and anyone found breaking it will find themselves swimming with the mattresses.

help.gif

• Greenie 2

I too suspect this is exactly what happens. Confirmed by Rufford's post above yours, giving chapter and verse.

I decided to remove my licence out the window as was suggested on this forum a while back.

Also the boat had no index or name painted on her.

Little naughty but my reasoning was that she was an ex bw boat and they should know the boat... and I wanted to see and try figure out how bw works.

Eventually I thought I should call the local enforcement officer to say that I had a license etc and then I was on the 'radar' as such. Got more hassle and now just display a license.

It is worrying that CaRT are pratically powerless when confronted by an anonymous boat.

They get lost in the system.

No not a bunny boiler, more of the fluffy type, and we have a pump out , Could try casting me about but only if your into weight lifting and don't have a bad back , hip , knee or anything else you don't want strained . Pleased to say been married for 30 years now , to the same man .!! And he's still here. Wouldn't have the inclination to find another burrow very happy with the one I've got . If husband wanted to De - camp to another fluffy bunny .... not that I think it's likely , I'm not the boiling type , if they don't want to stay , no point in begging , they will only go anyway and if they do stay for a while your forever looking over the stern rail .

Our bunny is tucked up in a house with us near London for the the next few months , curtsey of a patron , so I'm not likely to be walking the towpath for quite a while . Miss our boat but handier for work this winter. Only posted to enquire on behalf of a friend , just incase anyone felt inclined to p.m . Me . No arms twisted . Also I am trying to get a police crime number from him but he might just chalk this one up to experience .

We know how it feels . One year we wrote off 55k worth of bad debt( 6 different Ltd companies), almost finished us . Bunny

• Greenie 1

I hate giving credit. Doubles the work. Gotta do the actual job and then getting paid can take just as much work.

Totally agree. Tracking money outstanding is a substantial drain on one's time. Once you let one customer have a bit of credit you find you have done it five or six times. Now all thsoes bills add up to a substantial amount and collecting it becomes a substantial amount of unpaid work. .

I hate giving credit. Doubles the work. Gotta do the actual job and then getting paid can take just as much work.

Too true having to give credit which many companies/people do due to the nature of the beast is a true nightmare. Luckily for me my business is STRICTLY because I said so CASH as in real folding money only. We dont even take cards and will not be doing so, we lose far less trade than you would imagine even today now we have re educated the locals to bringing cash they always find it. a few weeks ago someone bought a single coffee and offered me a card!! how sad is that.....Cash is, was and always will be King in my place.

Tim

Too true having to give credit which many companies/people do due to the nature of the beast is a true nightmare. Luckily for me my business is STRICTLY because I said so CASH as in real folding money only. We dont even take cards and will not be doing so, we lose far less trade than you would imagine even today now we have re educated the locals to bringing cash they always find it. a few weeks ago someone bought a single coffee and offered me a card!! how sad is that.....Cash is, was and always will be King in my place.

Tim

The main reason I run a card machine (two actually!) is it allows me to work for customers not present, landlords in particular. I fixed a boiler today for example for a landlady living in Italy. I've never met her but I dab her card number into my machine and her money appears miraculously in my bank account.

Most plumbers totally miss out on this quite large market sector.