Pepper mint pig

Crow

Featured Posts

More modifications, after a year using the boat with the mods I made last year I've brought it back home to make it more how I need it, I've cut the cabin and put 2 ft in ,so

I can have 2 off 6 ft beds rather than making up a crosswise double,I've 2 new side windows to fit ,getting rid of them diddy. porthole ones ,and making some inset battery boxes for the front deck,

post-19989-0-03923600-1450653900_thumb.pngpost-19989-0-59738700-1450653940_thumb.pngpost-19989-0-99531000-1450653994_thumb.jpegpost-19989-0-69099900-1450654023_thumb.jpeg.

Sorry I cant put video on ,it exceeds the limit, but will persist it shows my dihatsu 4 track pulling boat home

From burton waters,so a screen shot is best I can do at presant springer weighs 2750 kg

Trailer 700 kg so only just legal,boat is 7.5 meters long

Garza, yes this is the one, and Niel last year I put a front deck in it 5 MM plate. I've cut most of it out now but adding 3 MM to the

roof and sides is 20 sq ft. X 3 MM. And removed 12 sq ft of 5 MM , also 2 off window apatures At 3 ft x2 ft that's 12 sq ft ,hey it's going to be lighter, yes the 4 track is one of the few 4x4 that can legally tow 3500 kg without spending a fortune on a 30 yr old land rover. Most of the modern posh looking 4x4 are just for show. Most can only pull 2600 kg

Windows will be in over Christmas and I'll post some photos then,just need to finish the welding and grinding first ,or them Windows will look very secondhand, how much was it new old peculiar.

Garza, yes this is the one, and Niel last year I put a front deck in it 5 MM plate. I've cut most of it out now but adding 3 MM to the

roof and sides is 20 sq ft. X 3 MM. And removed 12 sq ft of 5 MM , also 2 off window apatures At 3 ft x2 ft that's 12 sq ft ,hey it's going to be lighter, yes the 4 track is one of the few 4x4 that can legally tow 3500 kg without spending a fortune on a 30 yr old land rover. Most of the modern posh looking 4x4 are just for show. Most can only pull 2600 kg

Windows will be in over Christmas and I'll post some photos then,just need to finish the welding and grinding first ,or them Windows will look very secondhand, how much was it new old peculiar.

I thought I recognised her :)

As for the fourtrak, its the thinking mans 4x4.

Beloved by farmers and horsey types - due to as the Crow says the 3.5t towing weight. no where near flash enough for the yummy mummies on the school run, but as a work horse they are hard to beat.

Tough as old boots and a piece of cake to work on the odd time they need some TLC.

Id rather do a clutch on a fourtrak than a stinky old land rover any day!

Yes, it was a rotten old thing when I got it, inner arches outers,inner and outer sills ,centre roll cage stiffener ,seat belt mounts,rear floor

Rear cross member ,chassis suspension rear tower,but now it's done proper Itl last years,30 mpg even with a bit of pump tweeking

That's better than spending 16 k on a L200 invincible that'll only pull 2600 kg

• 2 weeks later...

Well that's more or less the external done , over the year it's had 3 ft put in the bottom and 2 ft in the cabin

Now the hard work starts ,all the internals ,king span and ply

It weighs ,with trailer 3450 kg ( With no Ballast) just towable , £17 for the slipway, that's better than the£180 it cost me to lift it in last time , oh and the £350 to get it there,Lorry and hiab

post-19989-0-60454900-1452644894_thumb.jpeg

Sorry I cant put video on ,it exceeds the limit, but will persist it shows my dihatsu 4 track pulling boat home

From burton waters,so a screen shot is best I can do at presant springer weighs 2750 kg

Trailer 700 kg so only just legal,boat is 7.5 meters long

If any car can do the job, its definitely a Fourtrak!!!