Aquantis

musicman

Featured Posts

So BW will now be known as Aquantis from April 2007.

My money has been spent on hiring focus groups that tell us we need a new brand!

What a potty idea - and it cost BW money it hasn't got at the moment.

I'll be sending my licence renewal off tomorrow with a little note attached "Please can I have a discount because I don't see why I should pay for stupid management decisions about branding when there is so much work needed on maintaining and developing the cut."

And no, I don't feel any better having got that off my chest. :cheers:

My money has been spent on hiring focus groups that tell us we need a new brand!

I'll be sending my licence renewal off tomorrow with a little note attached "Please can I have a discount because I don't see why I should pay for stupid management decisions about branding when there is so much work needed on maintaining and developing the cut."

"Aquantis"... sounds a bit like "Atlantis"... I wonder if it'll go the same way? :cheers::(

I spotted that one straight away, Waterways World put something like that in every April issue. The best one was aboyt five years ago when that they reported that the twin Cast Iron footbridges at Braunston were to be sponsored by McDonalds, who were going to paint them red to match their logo.

I spotted that one straight away, Waterways World put something like that in every April issue. The best one was aboyt five years ago when that they reported that the twin Cast Iron footbridges at Braunston were to be sponsored by McDonalds, who were going to paint them red to match their logo.

Aquantis makes me spit rather more than Consignia did. Waste of money. Loss of meaning. Jobs and pay for an unproductive industry.

:cheers:

BW should be called Atlantis... without a doubt the whole thing'll sink before long!

Just imagine - the chairman can be called the 'Man from Atlantis!'

Cue - clap fins... Here is the latest Atlantis statement on the future of our waterways: 'glug, glug, glug...'

Theme to Dallas begins....

Who shot (B)obby e(W)ing??

If this isn't a wind up, perhaps their focus groups and management consultants might have missed something...

Dear me!!

I have just realised that the edition of Waterways world in which this report was written was the April one. I will put this with the Narrowboat wash (foam from pollution in a lock) and the lock gates declared as an SSSI because they had loads of weeds growing on them!!

I am usually rather quicker at spotting these. :cheers:

Edited by Theo

I think there may be another April Fool wind up in the 'Letters'page of WW - either that or the world is going completely mad . . .

We were running a village Post Office when they launched 'Consignia' - I remember then wondering if it was a wind-up and as the truth dawned I just wondered what British management has descended to?

• 2 weeks later...

What was the letter ?

My copy of WW is 100 miles away on my boat and I'm itching to know.

I thought the Aquantis was a hoot and couldn't believe the stress levels of the May edition letters page.

For the record I worked at Royal Mail when we went to Consignia and the whole company thought the PR men had gone mad - thankfully so did Allan Leighton and quickly reversed the madness.

Which were the others at the time?

Norwich Union - Aviva

Anderson - Accenture

PWC Consulting - Monday