24volt slow cooker

emlclcy

Featured Posts

Have seen 12V ones but never 24V

There are 24V to 12V converters available, but how efficient they are compared to an inverter I don't know.

We run a 240V one off the inverter as NC suggests, but the inverter is on in the day for the fridge anyway.

Edited by Guest

Have seen 12V ones but never 24V

There are 12V to 24V converters available, but how efficient they are compared to an inverter I don't know.

We run a 240V one off the inverter, but the inverter is on in the day for the fridge anyway.

We also run a 230v one off an inverter.

well my inverter is on all day to run the fridge so may as well get a 240v one, save faffing with a step down dc-dc converter

Yes, works for us. 240V ones dirt cheap too. I think ours came from Asda. We have used it for years and one of the best things we bought for the boat. Warning: When you are on the move and the smell of cooking keeps drifting from the cabin, it makes you bloody hungry!

They are very inefficient with nearly as much heat coming out as going into the food. I have brought ours home and I am going to try insulating it. Even covering it with a towel improved it so we didn't need the high setting and warm keeps the food hot. I know it doesn't matter while the engine is running but we dont want to eat dinner at 4pm

If anyone knows how the power controller works i would love to hear from them.

They are very inefficient with nearly as much heat coming out as going into the food. I have brought ours home and I am going to try insulating it. Even covering it with a towel improved it so we didn't need the high setting and warm keeps the food hot. I know it doesn't matter while the engine is running but we dont want to eat dinner at 4pm

If anyone knows how the power controller works i would love to hear from them.

We never use the high setting on ours. We tend to just leave it on low all day.

We tend to eat at about 7pm so ours in invariably still on when we have moored up for the day. It doesn't really use that much power.

We never use the high setting on ours. We tend to just leave it on low all day.

We tend to eat at about 7pm so ours in invariably still on when we have moored up for the day. It doesn't really use that much power.

On a 12 volt system I would guess 8 amps so if you stop at 4 pm to eat at 7 pm that could be 24 ah, quarter of a battery. I am hoping to reduce it to just run on the lowest setting.

On a 12 volt system I would guess 8 amps so if you stop at 4 pm to eat at 7 pm that could be 24 ah, quarter of a battery. I am hoping to reduce it to just run on the lowest setting.

8 amps sounds about right on low power allowing for some inverter inefficiency.

Assuming typical 100 amp batteries then yes 24 is about a quarter if the capacity of one battery, but how many batteries have you got?

We have a pair of 105's so 24 amps is about an eight of the capacity. Not really worth worrying about. If you have more batteries obviously that figure drops.

have the cooker connected to the timer ready to switch on at 12, I'm at work all day so will be a pleasant / disappointing surprise tonight, I made up the brisket everlasting casserole last night

have the cooker connected to the timer ready to switch on at 12, I'm at work all day so will be a pleasant / disappointing surprise tonight, I made up the brisket everlasting casserole last night

Super wad fantastic mm mmmm phase 2 next... well chuffed :)