Lyme View Marina / Poynton

brassedoff

Featured Posts

I don't think it is residential, officially, but people do live aboard there. There are always plenty of moorings available, perhaps due to the 'frendliness' of the owner. I believe mooring prices aren't too bad but the service charge for an electrical hook is is a bit steep.

It's a lovely spot though.

hey Ricco thanks for that, your not wrong their its stunning.

We went to Overwater that looks Awesome too.

thats nice to know about moorings at lyme view though were not far from their at all.

i think having a good site owner is always going to be no 1 where ever we end up.

Edited by brassedoff

Hi, does anyone know if Lyme View Marina is residential, or how hard it is to get a mooring with them ?

It looks a lovely place but we dont know much about it to be honest, they dont seem to give much away online.

Thanks

We moor at Lyme View, and there are residential moorers.

No idea whether this is legit residential.

Site is well maintained. Some people aren't keen on the owner. He isn't a people person, but stick to the rules and pay your fees on time and wish him a cheery good morning and he won't bother you.

60' pontoon mooring works out at about £2,200 a year. Residential may be at a premium, and outside moorings or end moorings that are full length are more expensive.

Electric is £200 a year plus 16p a unit.

There is a "setup charge" if about a months fees and a deposit of 1 month rent. Moorings paid 6 monthly (January and July)

People come and go, usually a few spaces

Lyme View is not residential. There are residents there, allowed for "security", but no plans as far as I am aware to get residents official moorings, nearest residential moorings are with Hovis Mill in Macclesfield or Droylesden Marina on the Ashton Canal towards Manchester

Have you got a boat yet? I only ask because your boat name in your profile says brassed off... Or is that what you plan to call it when you get one?

No it was a ficticious name i would be too paranoid to put the name of a boat on a forum.

Thanks Bruceinsanity / starUKKiwi and Mayalld for all your help and advice.