gas ovens

zildjian

Featured Posts

Hi, I'm essentially a lurker here although sort of interested in narrowboats its a technical question on ovens I'm asking today.

I guess some of you have these installed but I was wondering if you have normal domestic size or the smaller sort you might see in a motorhome or caravan,

as its these I need a little advice on

(I come here as many of the things you do translate to smaller lifestyle in campers just as well) and anyway I like the banter over here

Hi, I'm essentially a lurker here although sort of interested in narrowboats its a technical question on ovens I'm asking today.

I guess some of you have these installed but I was wondering if you have normal domestic size or the smaller sort you might see in a motorhome or caravan,

as its these I need a little advice on

(I come here as many of the things you do translate to smaller lifestyle in campers just as well) and anyway I like the banter over here

We have a domestic-sized gas fan oven but most folk have the smaller "caravan-sized" ovens, or freestanding cookers.

Couple of things a few of you might be able to help me on then;

installation, flexible hose (like a domestic)

and

cabinet lining in insulative material?

Just general question prior to be looking at this option seriously, please don't get bogged down in the legal side of this,

as nearly all the caravan/MH threads appear to have quickly done so.

I *might* do some of the legwork myself then leave the gas to a grown-up it can kill me after al

Couple of things a few of you might be able to help me on then;

installation, flexible hose (like a domestic)

and

cabinet lining in insulative material?

Just general question prior to be looking at this option seriously, please don't get bogged down in the legal side of this,

as nearly all the caravan/MH threads appear to have quickly done so.

I *might* do some of the legwork myself then leave the gas to a grown-up it can kill me after al

thanks smile.png

I won't because I know s*d all about the regulations on fitting gas ovens in campers, caravans, motor-homes etc.

but

It is the legal side you need to comply with, now whether flexible connection is required or not, whether the oven needs to be bolted down, no idea but I am sure those with the above vehicles will.

Obviously it will be 'fitted' as its a road vehicle opposed to a boat,

I'm interested to hear how people on here have theirs fitted, better still if they did it themselves and picked up any useful tips as they did it,

don't however require any DIY legal eaglethank you, the net is overrun with would-be lawyers which brings me to here as I've seen common sense in the past

OK here is a useful tip, do not fit it anywhere near combustible material.

Have a search for " fire resistant board"

don't however require any DIY legal eaglethank you, the net is overrun with would-be lawyers which brings me to here as I've seen common sense in the past

I do not like the tone of this but I may be reading it wrong, yes we mostly do have 'common sense' but will always give mention of the legal side, it would be remiss of us not to do so.

I'll leave it with you and will not be back to this thread.