Increased Visitor moorings????? in Leeds

Robbo

Featured Posts

Just got from CRT...

Original message:

We are pleased to announce an increase in visitor mooring provision in the following places in Leeds.

Knostrop Lock top - 5 days

Leeds Services Pontoon - 72 hours

Leeds Lock tail - 72 hours

Brewery Wharf - 48 hours

Fearns Wharf - 72 hours

Increase????

Knotstrop, Leeds Sevices Pontoon and Brewery Wharf never had any restrictions before (apart from 14 day ofcourse).

It could be considered an increase in that before, boats could clog the moorings up for 14 days, whereas with the new restrictions there is a better chance of a visiting boat finding a mooring available. Note they say increase in visitor moorings, not an increase in moorings!

• Greenie 1

It could be considered an increase in that before, boats could clog the moorings up for 14 days, whereas with the new restrictions there is a better chance of a visiting boat finding a mooring available. Note they say increase in visitor moorings, not an increase in moorings!

No one ever moors at Knotstop, Brewery Wharf or the Services Pontoon. These never have been and still rarely get used so finding these a mooring at these locations was never an issue. Knotstop I wouldn't call Leeds (they changed part of the towpath to be visitor, even tho it never gets used). I wouldn't recommend staying there anyhow unless you don't want ya bike.

Only Fearns Wharf and the the lock tail (which is part of the lock landing) are new or been increased (Fearns Wharf was only an hour).

Edited by Robbo

Are you saying you had a problem finding a mooring at these locations? The times I have been there they have been empty but a handy place to stay for a nice long visit to Leeds. What time of year was it when you had these problems finding a mooring?

he hasn't John, he's simply once again bleating about somewhere he has never been and knows nothing. A fairly Normal Nick kite flying exercise because if it was true it would make one of his vacuous and ineffectually nasty points.

You mean he sometimes spouts without knowing the facts!! Never realised :)

Just got from CRT... Original message:

We are pleased to announce an increase in visitor mooring provision in the following places in Leeds.

Knostrop Lock top - 5 days

Leeds Services Pontoon - 72 hours

Leeds Lock tail - 72 hours

Brewery Wharf - 48 hours

Fearns Wharf - 72 hours

Increase????

Knotstrop, Leeds Sevices Pontoon and Brewery Wharf never had any restrictions before (apart from 14 day ofcourse).

Will have to email CRT for the data on number of visitors as Richard Parry has states no more changes to moorings without data to back up the changes

Another comment, although rare in Leeds the A&C is designed for big boats and we do have local 86foot humber around that does come to Leeds, if someone on the end lock landing is moored their it would be a pain for a boat that size to use the landing.

No one ever moors at Knotstop, Brewery Wharf or the Services Pontoon. These never have been and still rarely get used so finding these a mooring at these locations was never an issue. Knotstop I wouldn't call Leeds (they changed part of the towpath to be visitor, even tho it never gets used). I wouldn't recommend staying there anyhow unless you don't want ya bike.

Only Fearns Wharf and the the lock tail (which is part of the lock landing) are new or been increased (Fearns Wharf was only an hour).

I have emailed Ian Rogers for the data of number of boats sighted at these moorings over the last 12 months to justify these changes as per CRT's new policy announced by Richard Parry. As soon as I have the data I will put it on here Edited by cotswoldsman

I have emailed Ian Rogers for the data of number of boats sighted at these moorings over the last 12 months to justify these changes as per CRT's new policy announced by Richard Parry. As soon as I have the data I will put it on here

Gawd, I do hope this was not done in the pub over a pint and lunch again.

Are you saying you had a problem finding a mooring at these locations? The times I have been there they have been empty but a handy place to stay for a nice long visit to Leeds. What time of year was it when you had these problems finding a mooring?

No I have never been to Leeds, let alone tried to find a mooring there. I was merely offering an explanation as to how CRT could claim to have increased the amount visitor moorings without having increased the amount of moorings. But of course you and your "usual suspects" don't want to read what I actually wrote, you only want to read what you hoped I had written so that you could be outraged. Enjoy!

• Greenie 1

No I have never been to Leeds, let alone tried to find a mooring there. I was merely offering an explanation as to how CRT could claim to have increased the amount visitor moorings without having increased the amount of moorings. But of course you and your "usual suspects" don't want to read what I actually wrote, you only want to read what you hoped I had written so that you could be outraged. Enjoy!

Perhaps you should start reading what you have written before posting. If nothing else, it may save you from having to explain what you "really" meant. frusty.gif

Sorry what part of this did I miss understand?

It could be considered an increase in that before, boats could clog the moorings up for 14 days, whereas with the new restrictions there is a better chance of a visiting boat finding a mooring available.

The phrase "could clog". Which, in case English is not your first language, is not the same as or "are clogging", "were clogging" etc. It was a hypothetical point to show how CRT could claim what they did, at Leeds or anywhere else for that matter. It was in no way a statement of the current status regarding mooring congestion at Leeds, of which I have no knowledge. Hopefully even you can now understand my post? Or do I need to explain in words with fewer letters?

The phrase "could clog". Which, in case English is not your first language, is not the same as or "are clogging", "were clogging" etc. It was a hypothetical point to show how CRT could claim what they did, at Leeds or anywhere else for that matter. It was in no way a statement of the current status regarding mooring congestion at Leeds, of which I have no knowledge. Hopefully even you can now understand my post? Or do I need to explain in words with fewer letters?

Fewer letters please.

Fewer letters please.

he hrase "ould log". hich, n ase nglish s ot our irst anguage, s ot he ame s r "re logging", "ere logging" tc. t as ypothetical oint o how ow RT ould laim hat hey id, t eeds r nywhere lse or hat atter. t as n o ay tatement f he urrent tatus egarding ooring ongestion t eeds, f hich ave o nowledge.

There, each word now has fewer letters so I'm sure you get it now.

he hrase "ould log". hich, n ase nglish s ot our irst anguage, s ot he ame s r "re logging", "ere logging" tc. t as ypothetical oint o how ow RT ould laim hat hey id, t eeds r nywhere lse or hat atter. t as n o ay tatement f he urrent tatus egarding ooring ongestion t eeds, f hich ave o nowledge.

There, each word now has fewer letters so I'm sure you get it now.

Still sounds to me that you were contributing on something you knew nothing about and stating something that was a long way from the facts

Still sounds to me that you were contributing on something you knew nothing about and stating something that was a long way from the facts

There were no facts, as I said I offered it as an explanation for how CRT could say what they said without the number of moorings actually increasing. It really was in no way contentious, being merely one suggestion of their way of thinking, maybe right, maybe wrong, who knows? But anyway I am pleased it has given you and your sock puppet so much pleasure.

Unfortunately I'm in a slow internet zone, so only managed to remove Daves comments. Please read the site guidelines and play the post, not the person.

Maybe addressing nicks method of winding people up would be more productive?