Fish Farming or 'Fishull

matty40s

Featured Posts

20150422_100301_zpsmhznzlre.jpg

This bunch came past, stunned fish lying in their wake.

The cited Richard Parry and exempt from licence when challenged, however would not produce any documents to prove their status...even telling me I should apologise once proved wrong.

Spoke to CRT and apparently there is going to be some authorised fish rescue to help another area, however, the contractors had not informed them it would be happening today.

The company(MEM) owner is called Ian and doesn't think that having some sort of official documentation to show concerned boaters, in fact "it is not my problem".

He then asked if I had reported thefts of fish, I cited Marsworth, he then came out with the nuggets "you are saying all Polish are fish thieves then".

These customer service executives at CRT are certainly earning their money...

!!!

Edited by matty40s

To be honest, after trying to explain to him that carrying some form of ID or official CRT boat badge etc to put boaters minds at rest and being met with his responses - I wish I had just called the Police from afar glare.gif .

I wasn't the only one he was rude to, there were a couple of boaters above Hillmorton Top who also asked questions and were given the "Im allowed so shove it" verbals.

If worried about it I would have just called CRT once it was obvious that these people were taking exception to the questions.

Do you have any authority or obvious position other than that of a concerned boater?

Why should these people produce some ID to "put boaters minds at rest"

As a commercial operation, maybe these people should display some form of company identification on their boat though.

these chaps were on the Slough Arm last year during the dredging.

The water was constantly tested and about half way through the dredging it was declared unhealthy for fish so these guys were employed to remove as much stock as they could and relocate them down towards Cowley.

Once drdging was complete they were back returning stock.

seemed friendly enough when I spoke with them at Highline

If worried about it I would have just called CRT once it was obvious that these people were taking exception to the questions.

Do you have any authority or obvious position other than that of a concerned boater?

Why should these people produce some ID to "put boaters minds at rest"

As a commercial operation, maybe these people should display some form of company identification on their boat though.

I called the local CRT enforcement team, they had no knowledge, which is why I went to challenge them on their status.they had already been questioned by another boater near the locks and we're not forthcoming.

I received a second call from CRT, saying that there were operations planned, but not today to their knowledge.

They should clearly be labelled as an official CRT contractor, and be proud to explain what they are doing, not be all bolshy and rude.

As I said, the police might get called out by some concerned boater, walker or fisherman next time.

Actually CaRT should be concerned. We pay best part of £grand to use the waterways and should not suffer from abuse or rudeness from one of their service providers. Furthermore who from CaRT is checking which fish go where?

Edited by mark99

If I'm not mistaken their (seriously overloaded) boat has an 'on board electrical system' Therefore, as well as needing a licence, the boat is NOT exempt from a BSSC.

That does look like a small boat for 3 blokes and all that gear.

They look like The Blues Brothers in the dark glasses.

I wonder if they have dinner suits under the heavy duty wet suits.