One boat, then two,then three

Skyraker

Featured Posts

Arguing with yourself now.

Might as well, every time I raise something relevant I might as well not have bothered. I have no idea how often I have described what the western k&a used to be like, usually with corroboration from other members but it's still portrayed as a fantasy problem only relevant to the terminally bitter with the real problem being the complainers.

The people to blame for whatever crackdown occurs is those who pushed their luck too far for too long and BW for shirking their responsibility to effectively regulate.

• Greenie 1

Here they are again to save you going back. Would you point out the bits unreasonable enough to cause such a reaction

I don't think you need to bring me the thread as I've said several times, that I would find it offensive if anyone approached me asked if I'd stole my boat and then followed it up with are you consiering licensing it, just because I,m a scruffy git, if you can't see that as a little presumptuous and rude then know wonder you think it's acceptable to butt in at the end of a long conversation and just call people pratts, sorry but that's how I see it,

I don't think you need to bring me the thread as I've said several times, that I would find it offensive if anyone approached me asked if I'd stole my boat and then followed it up with are you consiering licensing it, just because I,m a scruffy git, if you can't see that as a little presumptuous and rude then know wonder you think it's acceptable to butt in at the end of a long conversation and just call people pratts, sorry but that's how I see it,

But you still havn't read it properly perhaps? The OP suspected this bloke might be robbing a boat. He suspected this because of the way the bloke was chucking stuff about in a way one might not expect someone to treat their own belongings. His suspicions were aroused by the blokes behaviour not his appearance. Now at this point he could:

1 Ignore it and just mind his own business.

2 Call the police and report his concerns.

3 Approach the bloke to put his mind at rest.

He chose option 3. I would hope he would do the same if he had similar concerns about me and my boat.

Now a thief challenged with "Excuse me mate, is this your boat?" is going to say yes isn't he. The OP clearly states that he engaged the bloke in conversation about his licence in order to judge if the guy knew anything about boating, satisfied himself that the bloke was legit and moved on.

He did not ask the guy if he had stolen the boat, nor did he do anything whatever based upon anyone's appearance. The guy just tried to do his amateur best when confronted with the possibility of a crime in progress.

Good all of what I've said on this thread was meant as humour unfortunately my phone doesn't do smileys.

Regards kris

Now this is odd because the first post of yours I can find that is less than jokey is this one. The odd thing is that I can take your comments as humour or as a more combative sarcastic "commenting on the rights or wrongs of overstaying. Just all of the stereo types that have been wheeled out."

As for me I've not been commenting on the rights or wrongs of overstaying. Just all of the stereo types that have been wheeled out.

Regards kris

Having looked back, might I suggest that when I tossed a cap in the air you were a little too quick to try it for size?

I agree but it is all part of the whole idiocy that CMing is fine and does us all a favour and is only an issue because faceless misanthropes have made it so. The misanthropes have been identified without any evidence as people who look after their boats and are members of the IWA. It is a pathetic playground level conclusion and an awful lot of people who should be grown up enough to know better have bought into it. It is as I said the zeitgeist and the "right on" way to think.

The only thing I disagree with Sir Nibs is your assertion an awful lot have bought into it. It's only a few regular respondents who never miss an opportunity to whine on about some imaginary enemy making it sound like an aweful lot. :)