CANAL & RIVER TRUST OUTLINES POLICY FOR BOATERS WITHOUT A HOME MOORING

jenlyn

Featured Posts

So the Trust gets all the money from anyone paying for a home mooring?

...er if it is CRT mooring then, yes!If you are in a marina (unless you are moored in Pilings unsure.png) then you contribute towards the NAA and elsewhere you pay for an EOG mooring, so as one who doesn't pay any of these, I would have to accept that those with moorings do pay more to CRT

...er if it is CRT mooring then, yes!If you are in a marina (unless you are moored in Pilings unsure.png) then you contribute towards the NAA and elsewhere you pay for an EOG mooring, so as one who doesn't pay any of these, I would have to accept that those with moorings do pay more to CRT

Yes. They pay more but they also buy more.

...er if it is CRT mooring then, yes!If you are in a marina (unless you are moored in Pilings :unsure:) then you contribute towards the NAA and elsewhere you pay for an EOG mooring, so as one who doesn't pay any of these, I would have to accept that those with moorings do pay more to CRT

Hmmm, so who gets all the winter moorings money from CCer's then, and is it in line or more than the NAA?

Do all marinas pay NAA?

...er if it is CRT mooring then, yes!If you are in a marina (unless you are moored in Pilings :unsure:) then you contribute towards the NAA and elsewhere you pay for an EOG mooring, so as one who doesn't pay any of these, I would have to accept that those with moorings do pay more to CRT

I thought CRT get more revenue from access charges (cables and pipes over their land) than from all of us boaters put together. If it wasn't for us CC'ers keeping the waterways in use all year round, CRT would concrete it all up and sell off the land....err....maybe....

Hmmm, so who gets all the winter moorings money from CCer's then, (they didnt get any from me because I haven't taken a winter mooring but I would assume so, unless you know different?) and is it in line or more than the NAA? (don't understand the question)

Do all marinas pay NAA? (if the example if Pilings is anything to go by, clearly not!)

Hmmm, so who gets all the winter moorings money from CCer's then, and is it in line or more than the NAA?

Do all marinas pay NAA?

£2,300 for 5 months winter mooring in Paddington is a fairly chunky contribution. Maybe we now need to subdivide ccers into how much they pay for winter moorings.

Hmmm, so who gets all the winter moorings money from CCer's then, (they didnt get any from me because I haven't taken a winter mooring but I would assume so, unless you know different?) and is it in line or more than the NAA? (don't understand the question)

Do all marinas pay NAA? (if the example if Pilings is anything to go by, clearly not!)

So having stated that home moorers pay more to CRT than CCer's, you now don't really know if that's correct?

So having stated that home moorers pay more to CRT than CCer's, you now don't really know if that's correct?

I'm not really sure where this arguement is going. I, as someone who doesn't pay any mooring fees would accept that those that do, probably pay more to CRT than I do. Even if less than 1% of what they pay in mooring fees goes to CRT it will still be more than I pay. I suppose that if we work to the assumption that none of the money paid in winter mooring fees, CRT on-line moorings or anything paid to any marina owner goes to CRT then perhaps you may be right (if you are trying to say that CCer's and HMer's both pay exactly the same) somehow I don't think so and I really can't be arsed to research something that doesn't bother me anyway!

I'm not really sure where this arguement is going. I, as someone who doesn't pay any mooring fees would accept that those that do, probably pay more to CRT than I do. Even if less than 1% of what they pay in mooring fees goes to CRT it will still be more than I pay. I suppose that if we work to the assumption that none of the money paid in winter mooring fees, CRT on-line moorings or anything paid to any marina owner goes to CRT then perhaps you may be right (if you are trying to say that CCer's and HMer's both pay exactly the same) somehow I don't think so and I really can't be arsed to research something that doesn't bother me anyway!

Is it an argument?

You made a statement, I questioned you on it, and it turns out you don't know if what you said is correct.

I don't see the argument.....

I just see you telling me a load of carp, and expecting me to believe it.

Never mind.

Hopefully someone else can answer.

Is it an argument?

You made a statement, I questioned you on it, and it turns out you don't know if what you said is correct.

Never mind.

Just to clarify, the original statement was made by another poster and I simply agreed with his assertion. How important is it to get an answer to this 'question'? I didn't take the original comment (by Hawthorn)as any sort of criticism of me, simply as an observation. Another observation would be that I, as a CCer, put more wear and tear on the system than someone who buys a boat and leaves it in the marina all year, so in value for money I'm getting more out of it than he is. It's just the way it is.

Just to clarify, the original statement was made by another poster and I simply agreed with his assertion. How important is it to get an answer to this 'question'? I didn't take the original comment (by Hawthorn)as any sort of criticism of me, simply as an observation. Another observation would be that I, as a CCer, put more wear and tear on the system than someone who buys a boat and leaves it in the marina all year, so in value for money I'm getting more out of it than he is. It's just the way it is.

It's fine, don't worry about it. Come to think of it, my original question was not even aimed at you.

Strange why you answered really, given you don't have any facts.

Is it an argument?

Never mind.

Its definitely correct to say that the vast majority of home moorers pay more than CCers, due to the extra contribution by paying for a mooring

Edited by Paul C

Why oh why ?

Logically any one paying for a mooring where CRT receives income will be paying more than any one on the same length boat in the same licencing section.

Whether NAA is right seeing as it is not applied to all marinas my opinion is that it is not unless 100% of marinas pay.

A genuine all year CCer will probably pay the least .

Why oh why ?

Logically any one paying for a mooring where CRT receives income will be paying more than any one on the same length boat in the same licencing section.

Whether NAA is right seeing as it is not applied to all marinas my opinion is that it is not unless 100% of marinas pay.

A genuine all year CCer will probably pay the least .

Unless of course the CCer pays CRT for a winter mooring, which I suspect will be more than the NAA contribution from a home moorer?

Unless of course the CCer pays CRT for a winter mooring, which I suspect will be more than the NAA contribution from a home moorer?

But surely if a CCer has taken a winter mooring they are no longer CCing (otherwise they'd have to shift every 14 days). So, for the winter period they have become someone with a home mooring!

Its definitely correct to say that the vast majority of home moorers pay more than CCers, due to the extra contribution by paying for a mooring

....and as someone already pointed out earlier, home moorers generally get something for their money. Ironically, many CC'ers who stop for the winter pay a lot to CRT for mooring on a basic VM.

So the Trust gets all the money from anyone paying for a home mooring?

Well it gets all the money I pay the Trust. I pay some to the farmer whose land I moor to, and a bigger wallop to the Trust. You seem to know as little about us with home moorings as you claim we do about CCers!