Sealand Traveler Toilet identification

Wanted

Featured Posts

The cartridge spring on my dump through seal and traveler toilet has just busted. This happened once before years ago on my old boat and I sorted it but I can't remember how I identified the correct part serial number.

There is no easy to see number in the bog so I don't know how to proceed.

Any advice?

First of all get a bucket with a lid or drag your standby porta-potti out of storage.

This will give you time to research and think without being under unnecessary pressure

Advice given with my tongue only half in my cheek

I think you can only get the spring with the whole ball assembly.

Sealand Traveller is now a Dometic product, I think the traveller is obsolete but you can get spares from Acorn Chandler or on Ebay see 110795999800

Mansfield Travler/VacuFlush Toilet - Flush Ball spares kit 385318162

The spring cartridge will fit any age of sealand. Uxbridge boat centre is prob your best bet down that way.

Don't over tighten the screws when you fit the new one. It's easy to strip the plastic. Also if fitting a new ball be careful not to score it when u rotate it.

Cheers

Gareth

The spring cartridge will fit any age of sealand. Uxbridge boat centre is prob your best bet down that way.

Don't over tighten the screws when you fit the new one. It's easy to strip the plastic. Also if fitting a new ball be careful not to score it when u rotate it.

Cheers

Gareth

There are actually two different spring cartridges. Coloured either black or white. I know cos Leesan sent me the wrong one last year. It does come as a kit with the flush ball but is also available on its own. On our bowl there was an identification sticker on the pedestal behind the plastic cover trim. Edited by pearley

There are actually two different spring cartridges. Coloured either black or white. I know cos Leesan sent me the wrong one last year. It does come as a kit with the flush ball but is also available on its own. On our bowl there was an identification sticker on the pedestal behind the plastic cover trim.

That's interesting...all the ones I have seen are white....both on my new toilet and the one it replaced which was about 20 years old. I wonder what ages use the black cartridges?

My new toilet was fitted with a black plastic square spindle tho which was replaced with a brass one like they used to fit under warranty as the plastic ones flex and stop the ball from closing properly. The only way I found that they would replace was by moaning to Dometic who put me onto LeeSan.....seemed to be they weren't going to admit to a fault unless you complained.

Cheers

Gareth

According to the packaging there are 4 different flush ball kits depending on age and plastic or metal pedal.

Ours is a 5048 bowl dating from 2007 and takes a black spring cartridge. Putting the white one it put the pedal in the wrong relationship with the ball and stopped it closing fully.

The shaft in the kit I bought recently, but haven't got round to changing, is brass. I think but can't be sure, that the one in use is plastic.

We changed the ball as well, the plastic spindle had snapped which is why it stopped working. Thankfully changed for the brass one. The unit was pretty scaled up which I think must have put pressure on the spindle which eventually gave way. All cleaned and sorted.

The spring cartridge was white. On the pack it said it was suitable for four different types of unit. I threw the pack away I'm afraid.

Importantly though, the bog works!