Alternator repairer?

ROBDEN

Featured Posts

Morning.

Anyone know of an alternator repairer in the Whitchurch area on the Llangollen?

Or where I could buy the brushes for an Iskra alt’?

The places I’ve tried, all farm the work out to someone else and wont tell me who they use.

I’ve also looked on tinternet but no joy.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rob….

David Edge auto electrical not far from beeston is the nearest I know of, plus they keep the reg/brush pack on the shelf for the iskra alternators, last one I took in was tested, diagnosed, repaired and retested while I waited. (20 mins).

David Edge auto electrical not far from beeston is the nearest I know of, plus they keep the reg/brush pack on the shelf for the iskra alternators, last one I took in was tested, diagnosed, repaired and retested while I waited. (20 mins).

Thanks very much for that.

That'll do for me.

cheers.gif Rob...

Now that is what I call the perfect a answer.

Seconded......Rob..

Not relevant to the OP but there's a similar little company in Loughborough should anyone need them. Trade ad AutoSparks, in Station St or Station Rd iirc. Just a glorified garage at the side of a house but the old man who runs it has helped me a couple of times. I got the impression his son may be more "commercial" and less helpful but I may be wrong.

Last time the father spent ages finding the right regulator for my dead alternator and ordering it. When it arrived and I went back for it, he cleaned the alternator up, fitted the regulator and checked it all worked. Then he charged me the cost of the new part (less than £20) and no more! No charge for at least 90 mins of his time.

David Edge of Eaton provide a first class service and are well used to marine alternators. If you take one in for a repair, get them to fit a 14.4 or 14.6V (or 14.8 if you are brave) and do away with all that expensive Sterling clutter.

ETA: phone number 01829 732295

Edited by dor

David Edge of Eaton provide a first class service and are well used to marine alternators.

Phone number 01829 732295

I can also vouch for David Edge in Eaton (nr Tarporley), cracking place, fixed many of our cars including returning the dash to one after the local garage bottle it half way through the job and took it them to sort!

Coincidently, I went to the primary school 150yrds further down the road on the same side of the road.

Daniel

• 3 months later...