Inverter power draw?

floatsyourboat

Featured Posts

I have a victron multiplus 3kw inverter/charger

In reality not documented stats how much power will this unit require from my battery bank just to be switched on?

I ask as I'm considering buy a piece of music gear that uses very little power but wondering if the inverter is going to draw more power than the actual music gear as its just a little electronic mains powered beat box.

Thanks.

Are they really?

Well done for that I would have ever thought of looking at the inverters brand and typing it in google to find out that exact information!!!!!

Re read they question perhaps...ahem;)

For the question you asked which was how much power they use the power stats are on the site. Guessing you didn't look? Edited by Robbo

I asked for real world stats not documented stats but its ok you don't know the answer so don't worry about it.

Then perhaps you should have phrased it better. Why do you think documented stats would be wrong???? A standby consumption is a standby consumption? It's not like a average MPG you get from car manufactures that's done in perfect conditions.

Then perhaps you should have phrased it better. Why do you think documented stats would be wrong???? A standby consumption is a standby consumption? It's not like a average MPG you get from car manufactures that's done in perfect conditions.

My Sterling inverter charger has a low power standby mode but it won't fire up unless a larger demand is made of it than most things, like my shaver and laptop... So it has to be on normal mode if I want it on... I think the specs say the draw is about an Amp or less but in real life it is 4A! So I just turn it on when needed - which is a faff, but not the end of the world.

My Sterling inverter charger has a low power standby mode but it won't fire up unless a larger demand is made of it than most things, like my shaver and laptop... So it has to be on normal mode if I want it on... I think the specs say the draw is about an Amp or less but in real life it is 4A! So I just turn it on when needed - which is a faff, but not the end of the world.

Perhaps should be phrased then of "are the figures of zero load accurate", rather then as I read it as a figure that was not listed in the document for which the power on stat is.

no I shouldn't have phrased it better I asked a deliberate question with the knowledge that the stats are wrong so I asked on here to double check to see if someone like Richard for example could confirm but then pops along a silly boy with an ego problem.

Chris Evans voice on...####

Edited by DHutch
Language Removed. No need for that!

no I shouldn't have phrased it better I asked a deliberate question with the knowledge that the stats are wrong so I asked on here to double check to see if someone like Richard for example could confirm but then pops along a silly boy with an ego problem.

Chris Evans voice on...####

Come on peoople, please nice.

There may or may not have been a miss-understanding, and that may or may not have been avoidable, but there's no need for the above.

Daniel