Additional Residential Moorings - Oxford

Proper Job

Featured Posts

Maybe 200 yards or so, take it easy on tickover, use the pole to keep the boat straight. It helps if you have a pole at the front a swell as the back but I backed my 54 footer down there with just a pole at the back. I kept the rudder over so the boat tended to move the stern to the offside and just gently pushed it straight as and when.

Bit shallow in a few places , but I'm able to get us down there ok , just take it slowly and keep correcting . One of our favourite moorings . Some interesting characters on the towpath and sometimes an interesting herbal aroma. Bit noisy occasionally on a fri/Saturday night from the pub opposite , but no problem . Bunny .

I responded to the consultation last year when I found out about it on this forum, objecting to the reduction in visitor moorings. Got an email a few weeks later to say CRT had dropped the idea.

Amazed I was, amazed.

I think we may lose it if we don't use it tho, lack of use was one reason given to do away with them. When we are next down there I shall make the effort.

Val

I responded to the consultation last year when I found out about it on this forum, objecting to the reduction in visitor moorings. Got an email a few weeks later to say CRT had dropped the idea.

Amazed I was, amazed.

I think we may lose it if we don't use it tho, lack of use was one reason given to do away with them. When we are next down there I shall make the effort.

Val

Always moored down there when we went to Oxford. We draw 2' 4" and had no problems

Amazed I was, amazed.

Val

I did the same and fully agree with you. When I replied I did suggest that if they moved all the permanent moorings alone so leaving the same space public moorings by the lock I would not object. I suspect some livaboards did not want to be close to the road with tourists getting on and off.