which solar controller

londonron

Featured Posts

I use a morningstar tristar 45 mppt on my old boat im happy with but thats going.

I have a new boat and wondered with everything changing all the time whats the current leader.

3x 210 watt panels and will have 4x120 leisures. May go traction.

Anyone have a recent experience?

A wise move all eggs in one basket one faulty part and all are away for repair then how do you manage .Its false economy and not following KISS

Well apart from the all eggs in one basket. But keeping it simple it's more simple than seperates!

Edited by Robbo

I am also looking at a new controller and veering towards the new Tracer BN series because it has max 150v input and remote battery temp sensor.

2215BN, 20A, is £90 plus £21 for remote meter, but I'll probably go for 30A 3215BN £120.

Bimblesolar, with several happy barge customers.

What do the panel think of the Victron MPPT 75/15 Blue Solar?

Martyn

I have one, bought as stop gap because it was on the shelf.

It works but the settings are fixed, so no variation on charging voltage etc.

My previous one (cheap chinese or similar) had lots of settings for different batteries.

Victron is fixed at 28.8 (24 volt system) so probably 14.4 for 12v

have decided on the outback flex 80. Does everything as you would expect for that price (500) but its good for a 1000 watt 150volt system so I can add to my 600watt 3 panels should i ever want to and as i have a 70ft narrow boat i do have a bit of roof space.

Trouble with the victron was it looks great for a small boat. 75/15 i would need more amps. and the 100/50 i would need a few more volts. Horses for courses and all that. The all in one was very tempting though untill i remembered i already have a charger and havent used it in 2 years since i had the solar.

Edited by londonron

I am also looking at a new controller and veering towards the new Tracer BN series because it has max 150v input and remote battery temp sensor.

2215BN, 20A, is £90 plus £21 for remote meter, but I'll probably go for 30A 3215BN £120.

Bimblesolar, with several happy barge customers.

Yep, I got tracer, 38v in 12 out, 12amps if its clear for 260watt panel

Yep, I got tracer, 38v in 12 out, 12amps if its clear for 260watt panel

bimble is best for boats

I use a morningstar tristar 45 mppt on my old boat im happy with but thats going.

I have a new boat and wondered with everything changing all the time whats the current leader.

3x 210 watt panels and will have 4x120 leisures. May go traction.

Anyone have a recent experience?

630watts should do you nicely