Middlewich Festival

PaulG

Featured Posts

went a couple of times, but not for a few years - it clashed with another festival. It was good, but maybe a little low key. some nice pub sessions, and a few big (ish) names on the main stage. Both times I turned up a day or so before and got moored on the Middlewich, but my boat is half length, so I can often find a space more (moor?) easily

The FAB festival? .. I go every year with one team or another (morris), infact this years program had my boat on the front cover!!

great festival, even though its one of hte smaller folk festivals, thers lots to see, i normally spend my time in the boars heads playing tunes/drinking, but theres several pubs to go to, boats and demonstrations to see (horse/fenders) and of cause hte folk fesetival site the usual stores, main stage and beer tent, then allround town there various displays of the Morris!

sorry cant comment on mooring... the only times Speys been there its been taken by another steerer... but I do know it gets busy, most boats go abover kings lock along the main road (not a long walk from the action) .. but if you are close to the kings locl pub, they do have outside entertainemnt (noise) in the eve.. so does the "big lock" pub (name I cant remember)

Jay.

We try to go every year and always enjoy it, although we missed it this year due to other commitments.

Moorings close to the centre get taken up very early, people begin arriving a week ahead. The later you arrive, the further you have to walk to get into town.

Hoping to make it next year.

Been the last two years-really enjoyed the beer/music and atmosphere-arrive a couple of days before and moored just past the wardle canal on the sub Middlewich branch

enjoyable free (in the main) festival

• 2 weeks later...